Howdy Ya'll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy Ya'll

Hey guys/gals, I havent been on in a long time. I have recently taken up photography and it has CONSUMED all of my ever lovin time.

The reason I post, is to add a little something that maybe the new members dont consider when they are drinking, and how if effects others around them. I say this because wifey decided to take an ambien the other night and wash it down with some Nyquill.....DOH

She was a COMPLETELY different person, and I just sat that looking at her, thinking, this must be what she was going through for a number of years. She is stronger than me, because it was pretty hard to stomach.

So, what Im saying is......when you are looking for some sort of strength/motivation to not pick up the bottle.....imagine what it is like for the others.

Howdy to all my old friends and the new ones yet to be
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Howdy Ya'll

Welcome back.... Nice to see your name crop up again. I'm happy to hear that it's been such a positive obsession that's kept you away - unlike the "old" one that's kept so many of us, including me, away. Good point for you to bring up - I think a lot of us would have tried sobriety a lot sooner if we'd seen a video of ourselves after a "few." By the way... nice photo of the old truck. I think that's the one I learned to drive on!

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Hey my pal Nelzie!!!

Miss you much, think of you often.

I know I'm a totally different person when I was drinking. I didn't even like myself, so how others put it with me is beyond comprehension.

I'm so glad you are well and happy.

Hugs, your pal Nicey.
      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

nicelife;1561538 wrote: Hey my pal Nelzie!!!

Miss you much, think of you often.

I know I'm a totally different person when I was drinking. I didn't even like myself, so how others put it with me is beyond comprehension.

I'm so glad you are well and happy.

Hugs, your pal Nicey.
        Hey you! Glad yer still around and winning the fight....keep it up girly girl! Pssssst Im on the FB too LOL

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

I'm having a break from FB - sooooo much drama, so little time!

Yep, winning the fight and really stoked to see you are too! How's the cookie consumption going? LOL
          It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
          Mother Theresa

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

I don't have time for drinking anyomre. What, with all i need to catch up with on facebook 24/7, there's just noooo time!

Good to see you Nelz.

Keep snappin' buddy!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Nice to met you Nelz, what kind of photography are you doing?
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

nicelife;1561547 wrote: I'm having a break from FB - sooooo much drama, so little time!

Yep, winning the fight and really stoked to see you are too! How's the cookie consumption going? LOL

Well, to be honest, Im gonna have to take the "Cookie Monster" out of my sig, I have all but given up my late night sugar cravings. Took a while but FINALLY!

Samstone;1561552 wrote:
                Nice to met you Nelz, what kind of photography are you doing?
                Sam
                Im doing the spray and pray method....LOL if it fits in my frame, I shoot it, but I really like shooting motorcycle racing

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2189348=7639-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2189348=7640-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2189348=7641-attachment.jpg[/img]

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Welcome back, Nelz,
                  Nice to make your acquaintance.
                  I don't even want to think of a video of me wasted. That's enough to keep me sober.
                  Thank you and God bless all of you, who have stood by me through this mess.

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Hey my sweet Nelz!!
                    STAR OF THE DAY...WHO WILL IT BE! :l

You clearly have a gift for your new obsession ! Landscaping and photography.
                    You are an artist Nelz.
                    You found the real you and it is so wonderful to see. :h

Please stay with us, even if it's a quick flyby to show us your work. :l:l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Missed you nelz
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Hi Nelz, nice to see you back!

Any hints on conquering the late night sweets thing? Because I've got it bad, worse now than when I first went AF.

Also, I finally bought a camera for myself, the first nice one since I abandoned film cameras! Looking forward to getting into it again. I remember the pics you posted awhile back, you have a good eye.
                        AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Hiya Nelzy!!! :l

Tell her to be careful with that Ambien. There are websites dedicated to stories of the weird shit people have done after taking it. I tried it myself as I'm an insomniac from way back when... I stopped taking it after the night I got up and made Mulligatawny Soup, from scratch mind!, and went back to bed after cleaning the pots and kitchen. Woke up the next morning, looked in the fridge, and asked my other half where the feck the Mulligatawny Soup had come from...

It's good to see you posting! Nice pics too... especially like the one of the sunlight through the trees. I did a photography course in college and found that I saw things a lot different through the eye of the lens. I saw the wee details I'd normally miss.

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Hi Nelz, your stars are really missed, but we each need to move on when the time is right.

I just stopped by because it is a beautiful day, and I previously would have wasted the afternoon sipping wine on the patio. I'm so grateful that I can see that truth now, and have no desire to drink.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Kradle123;1561587 wrote: Hey my sweet Nelz!!
                              STAR OF THE DAY...WHO WILL IT BE! :l

You clearly have a gift for your new obsession ! Landscaping and photography.
                              You are an artist Nelz.
                              You found the real you and it is so wonderful to see.

Please stay with us, even if it's a quick flyby to show us your work.

Ill be in and out, I just dont think I can commit as much time as I used to, but I still want to be some sort of help if possible.

pixie;1561749 wrote: Hi Nelz, nice to see you back!

Any hints on conquering the late night sweets thing? Because I've got it bad, worse now than when I first went AF.

Also, I finally bought a camera for myself, the first nice one since I abandoned film cameras! Looking forward to getting into it again. I remember the pics you posted awhile back, you have a good eye.
                              I dont have any great advice much different than quitting the hooch, cuz its almost as hard.......:H

What camera did ya get, I love talking photography with peeps

paulywogg;1561722 wrote: Missed you nelz
                              Back at ya

Zenstyle;1561772 wrote:
                              Hiya Nelzy!!! :l

Tell her to be careful with that Ambien. There are websites dedicated to stories of the weird shit people have done after taking it. I tried it myself as I'm an insomniac from way back when... I stopped taking it after the night I got up and made Mulligatawny Soup, from scratch mind!, and went back to bed after cleaning the pots and kitchen. Woke up the next morning, looked in the fridge, and asked my other half where the feck the Mulligatawny Soup had come from...

It's good to see you posting! Nice pics too... especially like the one of the sunlight through the trees. I did a photography course in college and found that I saw things a lot different through the eye of the lens. I saw the wee details I'd normally miss.
                              OMG! I walk around in a haze now.....hmmmmmm that would make a good pic....oh loookie there.........oh and there...he hee

Sunbeam;1561775 wrote:
                              Hi Nelz, your stars are really missed, but we each need to move on when the time is right.

I just stopped by because it is a beautiful day, and I previously would have wasted the afternoon sipping wine on the patio. I'm so grateful that I can see that truth now, and have no desire to drink.
                              Im stickin around

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                              X