30 days... Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days... Day 1

OK guys and gals... I've been procrastinating enough! The week days abs and weekend mods was working for me pre-quitting the cigs and I'm now pretty much over the cigarette cravings so enough is enough... I'm starting the 30 days. I've got to stop this ambivalence and bite the bullet, and just do it! Do it - Do it - Do it!

I'm going to need lots of support... but I get that from you guys anyway I know the first few days as my body adjusts and next weekend as my psyche adjusts, are going to be tough. Actually, I think I'm in need of some tough love on myself!

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know.

My supps are in good stock, the CD's are all on the Ipod and a skipping rope I bought on ebay should be arriving tomorrow for some of the exercising part :H

I know how insidious this drinking problem of mine is and I am not quite sure of my triggers, but here's to the next 30 days. I really need your best wishes... I'm fearing failure.

I don't even know how I feel about abs/mods after the 30 days. I guess Ill just cross that bridge...

I'm going to need my sense of humor for this! :thanks:

Doo
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

30 days... Day 1

You can do this Doo. I know you can. If you quit cigarettes you can certainly do 30 days with no alcohol. Focus on the good that comes from not drinking, take your supps, come on chat, do what it takes. We are all here cheering you on!!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

30 days... Day 1

doo doo I'm going abs as well!
      We can beat this friggin thing!
      K
      Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
      April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
      wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
      wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
      wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
      wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
      wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
      wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
      http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

30 days... Day 1

DooDoo,
        I will do it with you....having to start over myself....here's to 30 days!

Comment

30 days... Day 1

DooDoo:
          You have your sense of humor, and you can borrow mine as well. Although I can be very sarcastic at times, people do think I'm quite funny. Hopefully together, we can all get you through any rough spots. I wish you all the best. Actually, I have been thinking about taking the ABS plunge myself, but I am a bit of a chicken. Let me know how it goes. After you are successful, maybe you can loan me your humor and I'll give it a try...
          Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

30 days... Day 1

I'm rooting for you Doo. Wierdest thing for me is my new love of abstinence -- the mere idea of it was just so not me. I always wanted to get to moderation and yet now I don't even care about it. Anyway -- just wanted to let you know I'm sending you some good energy. I'm still in shock that there can be a real high from not drinking that doesn't come with a hangover or guilt.
            Mama T.
            Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

30 days... Day 1

Doo Doo hang in there buddy you can do it. It is bloody hard but anything worthwhile is we are here for you. Don't know which part of Sydney you are in mate but you can always PM me if you need to O.K I'm here for you buddy. Kim
              Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

30 days... Day 1

Go for it Doo Doo.

Comment

30 days... Day 1

Doo Doo,

Way to go! You sound really charged up about this. Hang on to that level of energy, and you'll make it 30 days AF, no problem. In fact, I'm wishing you lived in my neck of the woods. We could hang out and not drink together! I'm a night owl so if you need support later at night, I'm usually here. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

Comment

30 days... Day 1

So just Do it - Do it - Do it!

Don't know about you but if you're anything like me you get very few opportunities to feel smug , virtuous and ' holier than thou'. So enjoy it !!

Get cracking.

RR

Comment

30 days... Day 1

I will join you.

Doo

I will do it with you - I have done the 1 month Mods - I was trying the AF thing but it did not work with the Easter holidays and all - so lets do this thing together - my sense of humour has left me about a month ago - boy that?s funny - starting to give up the alcohol thing and the sense of humour goes, is there a connection - who cares - drunk people only think they funny - its us sober people who know that they are not.

I know the mods things can?t go on for ever so no better time to start than now on the AF thing - I have never been a mod person any way:

Moderation with drinking - NO.

Mod person in fashion - No I am 5 years out of it - why because I have been drunk for 5 years and who cares what I am wearing - It came off any way. So much to tell you guys when I get my sense of humour - that is.

So I am with you I cant always be online ? but I will check in with you when I can ? and any others I will also let you know how things are going with PM and I will monitor the drink tracker as well ? see you online ? up the Plum and all the Scooby snacks you want.
                      Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

30 days... Day 1

Thanks for your strong words, all of you!

Luvuall and Kimmy... bring it on! Let's do this together. I'll be entering into drink tracker each day. It's 7.30pm here, my first night of abs I've warned my other half to not bring any wine home. So Kimmy & Luv, let's do this 30 days and see what we feel like doing after that.

I must admit, I'm already planning the weekend. If I have the right strategy in place for the first Friday night, then I know I'll be right.

We can do this!

Doo

PS Kimmy, I reckon our sense of humor will return with avengence. I think the seriousness of what we're dealing with is making me a bit sombre but I know it'll be worth it in the end I know the same is for you too and I look forward to hearing your funny liners!

Comment

30 days... Day 1

Enough!!!!

Doo Doo,

Great to hear you`re going for the initial 30 day abs.........I wish you the necessary strength and courage.

I very recently did 12 days abs, as I had a chest infection and didn`t want to risk drinking along with antibiotics doc prescribed for me.

I proceeded to tell myself that I could practice moderation after having done the 12 days abs..........SILLY, SILLY GIRL!!!!!.........have slipped back to my pattern of last 4 yrs.,which is a bottle of wine a night........am hungover right now, and it feels gross, and the booze tends to cause me to have anxiety attacks.

SO!!!!!!!.........for me anyway, your post about starting the 30 days abs has came at just the right time............if you can do it(which you can), then so can I.........COUNT ME IN!!!!!! I am now on Day One of my 30 days(hopefully) abs. Will be difficult to go buy some groceries today without buying wine though..........but am fed up kidding myself and lying to myself.

Let`s beat the hell outta the booze together.............I want my life back!!!!!!

Comment

30 days... Day 1

Doo Doo,

Can I jump on board, too? I told my husband this morning I want to go AF and he said he'd do it with me. Between this board and his support, I'm willing to give it a serious try.

I haven't been able to register on DrinkTracker, but as soon as I figure it out, I'll post my progress there, too.

Here's to today....and NO alcohol...

Comment

30 days... Day 1

Wow... this is great!

NJSailor, it's almost midnight here and has been my first AF too

Starlight... go and do that grocery shopping without the alcohol. Buy some delish other drinks like sparkling mineral water... or some lemons to squeeze into some iced water at 5pm.

It's going to feel so reassuring knowing at those weak moments that we're a team, and in it together. I'll think of our team when I hit those inevitable moments of caving in.

We are strong!

Doo

Comment

Working...
                              X