When you all go to the store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you come back with alcohol? In the last three weeks I only came home twice without anything...

I hope that with me wanting to quit and taking the supps now, that I can quit. I don't really want to drink, I don't know why I still do anymore. I know I've asked this question before, it's still confusing me.

Atleast I am cutting back, but I want to cut it out altogether.

In most parts of Australia, you can't buy alcohol from the grocery store (thank god!) but if I were in your shoes, when you get to the shops, focus on the tea/mineral water isle and pick and choose your bevie from there as a reward.

GG I think that ambivalence is the very nature of the addiction.

There is another website I read briefly last month which referred to thinking of the alcohol addiction voice that goes on with the 'it's ok to drink' type dialogue, to think of it as the beast that needs to be conquered. I think that if we become aware of this dialogue that runs through our heads as a major part of the addiction. Recognise it for what it is and then tell it to go away. I think that the more you practice it the stronger the 'real you/non addict' you gets and the weaker the 'beast' gets.

I'm rambling . lol... but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

Doo
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

All the time GG...all the time

Comment

Depends, I usually go to the store once a week, I usually pick up 3-4 bottles. I am not drinking all thoses. We were at the store Sat. I asked Greg, do we need wine. He said have you seen how much is in the dinning room? See, I moved the wine rack from the family room/kitchen. To the formal dinning room which I rarely use. I'm actually thinking of selling it in a yard sale I'm having in May. Out of sight out of mind.
        Mar

Comment

I got rid of mine to Mar...well, kinda...it is in the attic.

Comment

Working...
          X