• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - in need of propping up

Cashy...
    I understand the feeling...........

Been there done that.
    You have done the right thing in asking for help.
    There will be people who don't understand but on here you can believe that we do.
    Maybe you need to check in with your doc on your meds. If you feel like something has changed in your coping ability, then maybe you need to change a med or add one.
    Love yourself. You are lovable and yes we do have a disease but we are not our disease.
    You have made great strides in the past few months.
    I've watched you go through so much and I'm so proud to be a part of something that you also belong to.
    Love yourself and your family enough to keep asking for help if you feel like you are going to loose it.
    It is hard but it is not hopeless.
    I love you.
    :h Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi Cashy,
      You're a good man.
      You know what's best for you.

Comment

Cashy you have helped me several times and I am here for you. tonight is day 2 for me and i am so so desperate for a drink I am an emotional wreck.I am feeling so sorry for myself and cant stop crying. Please stay strong and I will try too. xx
        Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Cash, Be strong, cry instead of drinking, You have got through a bad day at work, don't make tomorrow worse xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

what seems to work for me is that I flood myself with as much water as I can stand, then I take a drink of water again. I guess, at least with me, the fact that I am so bloated with water, and NOT wanting to have any more liquids in me does it. I also will take Melotonin if I am overly hyper about having a drink, that at least delays the feelings and allows me to get to the end of the night. I dont know about you, but i LOVE to watch TV and the more stupid the show, the better off I am. Point being is, the problem is going to be there tomorrow if you drink or not..... do you want to face the problem with the idea in the back of your head that you took a drink?

Comment

I did it = I didn't have a drink. Must admit had a couple of ciggys but they tasted gross.

I am going to tackle the bastards with a clear head today

Thanks so much for all you support, means so much,

Cashy
              xxx
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
              X