Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread... 29th September

Gooooood morning Vietnaaaaam!

That was a bit of a "half-post and run" yesterday... I was meaning to get back but by the time I could a'body was in beddy byes over there. Yer wan indoors has been really good about helping with the housework and grocery shopping this weekend seeing as I'm still not fully functional, and I didn't feel right sitting at my laptop chatting while he was doing my work for me! That wouldn't have been "seemly"...

I really didn't get much of anything done yesterday except cooking dinner and going next door to Cheryl's for an hour. She's still having issues after the hip surgery. I'm thinking I should go for a bone density test... has anyone had one of those?

I'm feeling better and I've got housework on the cards for today. I run a clean gaff, and have an allergy to dust, so sitting on my arse watching the dust settle for a couple of days has been disturbing. For most of my boozing progression my gaff was always squeaky clean, up until the end when it all went to pot. So I get a bit anxious when it's not clean... it reminds me of the bad times. I know I go on about housework a lot and yis prolly thought it was cos I live in a midden but it's just one of my many quirks!

I hope everyone is set to have a good Sunday. The weather is starting to cool down here (finally!) and I may venture out on the deck for a bit of sun bathing. I'm as white as a ghost and you would never think I lived in feckin South Florida.

Oh, fore I forget... Zactly what happened with that budgie Tipps? :upset: I've always wanted a bird or two but having the cats has always stopped me. (I had a goldfish once and that was a right pain in the arse, had to watch it like a hawk.) They can't help their primal instincts, the pets. Although I sometimes wonder if my ones now have ANY at ALL! Spoilt wee shites they are!

Anyhooo... as I said... have a lekker Sunday troops! I'll catch yiz on the flip side. XXX :l

Morning Zennie and all to come.

Glad you're feeling better :l

Not entirely sure about the budgie... The housekeeper sent my mom a text to say that the Maine Coon had killed the budgie. The housesitter phoned me to say that they went out for a few hours and found the dead budgie when they got back. Anyhow, the remaining one looks happy enough.

Need to go and do the weekly shop. Want it done early, the shops are bound to be busy over month end.

Have a lekker Sunday!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Oh Gawd, enjoy the shopping Tipps. My least favourite thing! Tell Mrs T that she's lucky you do it. Bill has got the memo that I detest the supermarket and by and by it's kinda fallen on him to deal with it. I do all the cooking though and send him to work with a healthy packed lunch so I reckon it's a fair swap!

Sorry about the bird and I hope the Cubs weren't upset. My Mam has a Maine Coon and I could see his instincts are much more pronounced than my two nancy boys. Glad the remaining one is still intact and happy though! :H

I've been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix with the headphones. I really should get my heid on the pillah proper but I haven't burnt any energy the last couple of days so I'm wide awake.

Comment

Mornin' you two
        Yes Zen I had the bone density test - Dexa Scan - easy peasy !
        Just a body scan in one o' them full length scanner yokes !

Killer cats - :egad: who'd have them ??

Comment

Ach ye just dinnae understand the ways of our feline brethren Satz. Yer a penguin FFS what would one expect? :H

Is it like an MRI then? The bone density yoke...

Comment

Oh and good morning by the way!

Comment

Zenstyle;1562295 wrote: Ach ye just dinnae understand the ways of our feline brethren Satz. Yer a penguin FFS what would one expect? :H

Is it like an MRI then? The bone density yoke...
              Yep - very much like MRI :thumbsup:

Comment

Good morning Satzy

You asleep by now Zennerooney?

Shopping done. Thank feck I decided to do it early. Now I can chill for the rest of the day. A mug of coffee is called for, I think.
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning Zen, MrT, Satz, Molly n all :hallo:

What's for dinner Molls?!

Comment

Good morning Sweetpea, Tips,Satz,Zen and Molly.

Sunny day here and my left side and hip are improving.

Physio thinks it is guiding a blind runner as I have to concentrate on using only my right side for running.

Have a great Sunday and enjoy the pleasures of a hangover free day!

Comment

anon;1562322 wrote: Good morning Sweetpea, Tips,Satz,Zen and Molly.

Physio thinks it is guiding a blind runner as I have to concentrate on using only my right side for running.

Good to see ya MrsA

Sorry to hear of the bother with your side and hip:l When is the Chester marathon?

Comment

Bloody hell if I'm not awake again. :upset: I think I will now take a pill. If I burble, ignore it!

Whizzy... I reckon your Physio is spot on... running for that distance favouring one side will absolutely do it. I'm wondering if the next time you can get a strap or something that is stable enough to lead her with but lets you move like you would do normally.

Hiya Molls and Sweety! Howyiz? Enjoy the chilling Molly... been doing a bit of that the last couple of days and nae too bad I have to say, even though I'm getting a bit guilty! Sweety... did you ever buy more stuff for the walls? )

Comment

mollyka;1562326 wrote: Morning puddinpie!! Pulled Pork in rubbed spices with........ haven't got that far yet
                          Cumin! lol I have a recipe somewhere but I do it different every time. Fresh cilantro (can't remember what you call it over there) with onions and lime and garlic. When you "pull" it (and I would do it loosely) drizzle it in olive oil and sea salt and put it back to flash cook in a hot oven. If you have truffle oil drizzle that on it... that's really yum!

Comment

Marnin troops :wavin:

Anyone ever done pilates? Looking into joining a class.

anon;1562322 wrote: Good morning Sweetpea, Tips,Satz,Zen and Molly.

Hey Whizzy :l Good to hear you hip and left side are improving :thumbs: Hadn't thought about the effects of guiding the blind runner. Btw, how did you get into doing that? Did you know them already, or did you apply somewhere?

sweetpea29;1562323 wrote:

Sorry to hear of the bother with your side and hip:l When is the Chester marathon?
                            next sunday! :egad:

Comment

Zenstyle;1562330 wrote: Cumin! lol I have a recipe somewhere but I do it different every time. Fresh cilantro (can't remember what you call it over there) with onions and lime and garlic. When you "pull" it (and I would do it loosely) drizzle it in olive oil and sea salt and put it back to flash cook in a hot oven. If you have truffle oil drizzle that on it... that's really yum!
                              last time i pulled a cilantro i got green lips :H

Comment

Working...
                              X