One Step at a Time - October 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9 great news, with you and your daughter your in my thoughts as well as you all are.
    This week has been the most stressful that I have ever encountered, my current employer is bordering on shut down and of course no one is saying anything. This has maxed me out on the stress level and the temptation to "medicate" with uncle Al is soooo tempting, but so far I have not allowed that to happen. Uncle Nick has crept in recently but I am sure I can throw him out once I know where I stand with the job. I just wish that the greedy corporate raiders would get this over with which ever direction is taken.
    Thanks guys for letting me vent and get these words off my chest.
    FT
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Been sick sick.... I will reads back and catch up. I'm alive though!
      AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Morning lovies...went to bed early with a horrible sinus headache...
        I am riding my broom this morning. All my employees are hiding. I get so furstrated and I take time to make lists and have meetings and everyone knows my expectations, but then they lolly gag around...seriously pissed right now. And my assistant is 45 minutes ate and her tummy hurts, etc, etc....
        K9 - that is awesome about Sierra. (sorry...she's Sierra to me:h). I would love to hear her feedback. I talk to both my boys about drinking and weed,etc. I think I drive them nuts!!
        We are dressing up as Black Eyed peas tomorrow. I will send a piccie to K9 and she can post it. Black top and pants, the letter "P" pinned to our shirts, one black eye and hair in pigtails with green ribbons. Get it??
        Peace out...I'll check back later
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

feel better getting
          FT..stress is a killer....don't let it bite you in the butt ok??

Comment

K9, I wish I could get Brit help. I know my drinking affected her but she wont get help. She says she's not the sick one, I am. I'm really at my wits end with her. Everything that happens in her life is my fault. Even things I have no control over.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

FT - Sorry that Uncle Nick crept back in...just don't let Uncle Al come a knockin'!!! I'm still trying to get Uncle Nick to leave me alone too!! Hang in there and I hope everything turns out well with your job.

Nora - Thank you for the kind words :h Sierra/Adina said the "kids" at her meeting were all hyped up on halloween candy last night and acting silly, but the leader (or teacher or counselor...whatever) said they are normally really serious. She says she will go back next week. I didn't pry for details. They come out when she's ready.

Oh Mama - You and your get ups...LOL! Your costume sounds cute. I will TRY to post for you. I have recently been blocked from Photobucket. Maybe it will open up again, they do weird stuff like that all the time.

So I learned yesterday that one of the Managers from my previous position just got fired for a DUI. She's a lady in her late 50's and you can tell she is not winning her battle with the Beast. I saw her going into a conference room with HR a few weeks ago, but I figured it was a meeting about one of her employees...not HER. I feel bad, but we make choices.

FD has left the forums. I think that's best for his personal recovery. I will be in touch with him and keep you all updated.

Ok...coffee time
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

duh...Uncle Nick and Uncle Al.....
                blonde moment

Comment

can they even do that???? fire someone for a DUI....?? unless it was her 10th one or something
                  if she is getting help, she is considered a protected class....I have to take training classes several times a years and we cannot discriminate against protected classes...one of whch is a recovering drug addict
                  Somehow I imagine the HR dept of the Great State of CA is smarter than me on this one:H
                  I saw FD's farewell.....
                  Getting...big, big hugs:l.....teens, esp. girls, are SO dramatic....Lord knows I was
                  Halloween is my favorite K9...you know that by now!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, right now I am going to spend 45 mins on my treadmill to not think about uncle Al, then a nice protein shake afterwards... I have my ipad set with TV shows that last 45 mins and it lets my mind relive the old TV shows I used to watch..
                    FT

Comment

FT, things will work out. Keep your chin up.

Mama cant wait to see how spiffy you look tomorrow. I didn't know you could get fired for a DUI unless you have a job you drive at. I know it can keep you from getting a job.

Comment

Hello all,
                        Hit 60 days today. WooHoo!!! I feel good and proud of myself...longest that I can remember.
                        I love the terms Uncle Nick and Uncle AL...I kicked uncle Nick to the curb many decades ago....that was hard too...but I did it and I can keep Uncle AL out in the cold too!!
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

YAY Dottie...good for you

Comment

I think her job involved a lot of driving...they just can't have that liability. Can you imagine hitting or killing someone in a City vehicle while drunk? Imagine THAT lawsuit...the City would go bankrupt!

My DUI's (from 13 years ago) delayed my getting the job (took 6 months for background check).

Dottie, you are rockin' this sober thang!!! Keep it up my friend.
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

makes sense K9
                              WAY TO GO DOTTIE!!!!

Comment

Way to go Dottie, as soon as I get my head on work wise I will kick uncle Nick out again.
                                FT

Comment

Working...
                                X