One Step at a Time - October 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DID IT!!!! I changed ny avatar!! Yay me!
    you can't really see the black eye, but it's there.
    No one can figure out what I am....tee hee
    I need to airbrush the fat roll on the right side...
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Black eyed pea??
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

You got it!!
        YAY....your prize is in the mail.......

Comment

Thanks everyone...I do feel proud of myself...each day I get stronger...and I love the "awards" too!! Love this place!!
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Laughed at your pic, Mama.

I guess it could be related to the days but don't think so. I've gone longer before. I shoved TTFP down my throat this morning. I really think that it is all intertwined with the dang steroid/antibiotic and anti-depressant change. My niece told me that she gets ANGRY when she is on this steroid. Crazy woman angry. So, I need to just keep hanging on by my fingernails and get thru this. But, f**k - I hate having this come up out of the blue.

Ok - back to work. So stressful here today. That's not helping anything.

Have a fun Halloween everyone. :h
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I amstressed too. It's the last day of the month so there's lots to do and my assistant called in sick...she is at the doctor and has strept...f-ing great. I hope she can make it tomorrow, but I am not hopeful
              Feel better Nora, love!

Comment

I was going to go for Pippy Longstocking, Mama...
                Well..I stink at estimating square feet too so......

....BUT YOU LOOK MA-VA-LUUS!!!
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

thanks
                  Jeez...what a day....I'm outta here
                  if I still drank....
                  NO WORRIES!!! I promise!
                  My asst has strept AND a kidney infection

Comment

LOVE the costume Mama - you are too cute!

BTW - tonight I'm going to the opening of this:
                    California Design: Living in a Modern Way

which has been organised by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art | LACMA, So thanks for that!! :H
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Happy Halloween everyone!

I know I'm on the tail end of the October thread but wanted to say to Mama you are my hero. I've spent the past two days dealing with so many stupid people I live vicariously hearing about you letting someone have it. She skips rent, trashes the place, and want to know why there are consequences? WTF?

Nora, I hope you can relax tonight and have some peace to regroup, TTFP is a really good thing.
                      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Wow, and I thought the “nest” was busy. Dottie, first, congrats on your 60 days! You are a hero to a lot of us here! I wish I could do the almond milk thing but I’ve tried it; ewww… Of course, here I am, putting into my coffee the “milk” from a totally different species… a cow, for crying out loud, how gross is that? But forget about your DH; my partner loves eating “animals” and I still do my own thing. FT; glad to hear that you still have a job. But you and K9 need to stop w/ the smokes; I can send you a photo of a dear friend of mine who died of lung cancer in hospice; that might help. Gettin’ and K9; your daughters can say what they will, but your drinking has affected them; they might not realize it now or maybe they’re just too young and in denial but they will realize it someday; unfortunately maybe not until they’re of drinking age. Good for you guys to see it now and anticipate it and to encourage them to seek support. I didn’t. Queenbug; don’t know you but I live by the sea so of course, I love your Avatar. Lizann and DreamTD; where are you guys? Nora, my heart aches every time I read your posts. It seems that you are being bounced around by way too many family situations, and don’t hate me if I say this.. maybe on way too many drugs. I know I don’t go very far back here but what’s up with all the steroids, and antibiotics, plus the antibuse, and then the antidepressants? Are you seeing more than one doctor? Oh, and to answer your question about tofu. I’d rather eat a squirrel; alive. Kradle, I think you are the “Byrdie” of this post. How you keep sober with all that you’re facing, I don’t know. Glass, hope you’re enjoying your time off! Allswell, don’t know who you wanted to clobber today but I did too. Actually I did and now I’m feeling guilty! To finish up, who better than with Mama; nice costume! But PLEASE bring back the lovely one of you that I know we all miss!

Comment

Caper Nora has been very sick she normally doesn't take the steroids and antibiotics. Go back a tad further. I know my drinking affected my daughter. And she is almost 20. Pretty darn close to drinking age.

Kradle hope y'all had fun trick-O-treating. Post a pic.

MaMa your assistant is out for a bit. so sorry!

Hope the beast is resting tonight and leaving you all alone
                          AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Cant believe I am still up watching football. In the past I would have been asleep/passed out by half time...life is good..now if my team will just win....
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Caper - I think I am on too many meds!! You are right. I stopped taking one of the anti-depressants this week because of the steroid/antibiotics. I just think it is too much! I have to take a thyroid med and an antacid daily. But, I am thinking that I need to see if I can wean off the other anti-depressant. I'll talk to my psychiatrist in January. For now, I'm just going to stick with the one.

Gettin - are you feeling better?

Allswell - sorry you've been dealing with stupid people!!!

Glass - I'm just about to look at the link you posted but wanted to post this before I lost it. I hope you're having a wonderful relaxing vacation.

Mama - Kradle - K9 - Dottie - Pauly - Queen - FT and all the rest of the Steppers. Great big hugs & love. Thank you for being here with me.

Goodbye to October and let's Take a Step over to November...........
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X