SOBER OCTOBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOBER OCTOBER

I am giving myself the gift of a sober October for my 57th birthday which falls on the 8th. I will journal here and be accountable.

Are there any Pinksters still around who remember that summer two years ago when we all found varying degrees of success while encouraging each other to not only stay sober but to stay active? I hope to find that sort of camaraderie here again as it was the key to my longest sober stint.

Please join me in a sober October and I promise to stick around to keep you company for the whole month. That'll be a first for me as I tend to disappear when I blow things.

The countdown is on!
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

SOBER OCTOBER

I'll sign up for a sober October. Holding you to your promise to stick around
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

I'm in, September was my first sober September since, err, probably the age of 16(or even 15), October can be the same.
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Sober October and staying active? I'm in! I started October on the right foot. I ran for 3 miles this morning. My daughter CJ is going to pop in a DVD on kick boxing in a few minutes. Never tried it, but tonight's the night!

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

In on Sober October! This is my first day 2 in years. Gonna be hitting up the gym and lifting weights instead of beer cans. Goodluck everyone.

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

I'm in too. Could use the support. xx
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Sober October sounds great, Friday will be 30 days for me...looking forward to keeping it going and October is my favorite month for outdoor running. Good luck to all.

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Well we have our team established. We welcome anyone to join us but united we stand. Tonight was easy. I am at my son's place babysitting his youngest for two days while he and his wife bring their 3 year old to the Children's Hospital for some pretty intrusive tests. Wine was on the table for supper but my resolve wasn't tested a bit. I did have a Hagen Daz ice cream which is unusual. I commit to rebounding and hiking at least three times before Monday.

So glad to have you all on board.
                Lao-Tzu

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

I'm in with you all. I hit the gym tonight. And now I'm ready to curl up with my Kindle. We can do this!!!
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

OK, I'm a sober-octoberer, too. Day 2 for me. I really need to get some focus back, lose weight, and stop checking-out from the world every evening.

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

I'm here, great idea.
                      Treadmill today feeling good.
                      FT
                      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

I am in for your Sober October thread! I am back on day 8 after a long AF stint, then derailing twice in September.

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Welcome peeps. I walked for an hour this morning pushing my two month old grandson in his stroller. Not a fast pace but slow and steady. We are going to kick butt this month.
                          Lao-Tzu

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Full day of work, now it's time to post on a few threads and call it a night. No AL for me thank you very much1
                            Free at Last
                            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Beautiful, sunny day. Basketball tonite.

Comment

Working...
                              X