SOBER OCTOBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOBER OCTOBER

Sober, I did that once in a restaurant when I had some long term sobriety--I mistook my water glass (it was poured into my wine glass) at a packed dinner table and drank a gulp of wine, which I promptly spit out into the glass as discreetly as I could. And not to disgust anyone too much, but I went to the bathroom, and when I came back, the person seated next to me had polished it off. Along with the end of someone else's wine when they had decided they were done. I know what it feels like to watch the level that everyone is drinking at, and want to finish off their half drunk glasses!

In any event, I don't count that as a slip in the least, it's called a mistake and everyone makes them, what's great is you owned up to it, and even admitted you liked it. Well, if you didn't like it, you wouldn't be an alcoholic. But you didn't keep going, and that's the important thing, well done, Gally

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Had to laugh at your story about spitting it back in the glass and then coming back & it was gone. :H

Gally - I'm so happy that you know The Thin Man Movies!! I love, love, love those moviese!! Of course, now with my drinking history....well, some of the shine is off. But, they are great movies!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Welcome Gally and Nursie. As I shared earlier today, I'm 30 days sober today too!

Just checking in tonight real quick. Just got home from the wake. Funeral tomorrow morning. Haven't really had a minute to even think about cravings for which I am grateful.

Good night all

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

I don't know what a thin man movie is. Not sure I want to.

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Tom321;1568371 wrote: I don't know what a thin man movie is. Not sure I want to.
            Ok - Tom, you don't have to get insulting!!! :upset:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thin_Man_(film)
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

NoraC;1568376 wrote: Ok - Tom, you don't have to get insulting!!! :upset:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thin_Man_(film)
              Aww.. I didn't explicitly say it must be a generational thing.

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3NZjRv2nM[/video]]The "Thin Man" witty lines - YouTube
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Wait, is that what your avatar is?

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Yes, that's her avatar--that's William Powell and Myrna Loy. And none of us was alive when they came out They are indeed great movies. And Nick does get sober in the second to last one, which honestly was when the lustre was already gone.

Tom, I think you might like the first one, it's based on a Dashiell Hammett hard boiled detective novel.

Huge congrats Lizann, looking forward to being on the same path as you as we move forward, Gally

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

No kidding - we weren't alive when these were made. But, the first couple are GREAT!!!
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Hubby & I fell in love with the movies very early in our marriage. We always called each other Nick & Nora.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Not gonna watch it, guys. I just can't lol. I know nobody here was alive when they were made, Gally. If they were and they were still trying to get sober I would say may as well keep drinking at this point

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

well now I get the picture Nora...have not watched them I years...I am NOT that old. watched them on cable..
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Ok, I officially feel like Dian Fossey. What the hell is going on?

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

HAHA I'm with you Tom. Luckily there are plenty of movies out there that don't revolve around romancing the drink. And Nora, isn't it nice to be able to appreciate all the other things about those movies, like Nora falling flat on her elegant face in the first scene, rather than the drinking.

HAve a good nite all, looking forward to day 31, Gally

Comment

Working...
                                X