SOBER OCTOBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOBER OCTOBER

what have I been missing???? may need to stick around here...
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

3 days left. Umm, yea, it's early, I don't have much else. One of my new perspectives about sobriety is that it's a job- and I don't mean that in a bad way. Like my real world job I can't sit in my office and wait for business to come to me, that's lazy and uninspired. Preparation needs to be done and I have to be proactive. Sometimes it's a grind and sometimes it flows easily but the most important thing is putting in the work. Getting it done one way or the other and if nothing else knowing the effort was there. Speaking of being proactive, I'm a huge soccer fan and was thinking about recovery along the lines of how very often teams get a one goal lead and then sit in a defensive shell and play not to lose and it backfires constantly. That can't be done here. We need to keep pressing, play to win, not being content with a lead. Good luck everyone.

A quote for the day:
      Hope is a verb with its shirtsleeves rolled up.”
      ― David Orr

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Wow Nora, I see what I've been missing in this thread! :H

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

FlyAway;1576184 wrote: Wow Nora, I see what I've been missing in this thread! :H
          :H:H Tom said to spice it up.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Tom321;1575689 wrote: 3 days left. Umm, yea, it's early, I don't have much else. One of my new perspectives about sobriety is that it's a job- and I don't mean that in a bad way. Like my real world job I can't sit in my office and wait for business to come to me, that's lazy and uninspired. Preparation needs to be done and I have to be proactive. Sometimes it's a grind and sometimes it flows easily but the most important thing is putting in the work. Getting it done one way or the other and if nothing else knowing the effort was there. Speaking of being proactive, I'm a huge soccer fan and was thinking about recovery along the lines of how very often teams get a one goal lead and then sit in a defensive shell and play not to lose and it backfires constantly. That can't be done here. We need to keep pressing, play to win, not being content with a lead. Good luck everyone.

A quote for the day:
            Hope is a verb with its shirtsleeves rolled up.?
            ― David Orr
            Thank you Tom. I needed this today. I like the 'sometimes it's a grind and sometimes it flows easily' line. I am still working the Sober October and getting ready for No Way November but I have to admit that there have been some random thoughts going on. But, they are just thoughts, right? I gess that means that right now it's a grind and I need to just keep working it.

Thank you all for the wonderful support here. Hope that the craziness didn't upset anyone. Just trying to get some laughs in while we enjoy this sober life.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all in November. :h
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Nora, much fun it's good for us.
              Only 2 more sleeps here and it's No Way November. I will lead the charge...unless we have someone from kirabati - I think they see the ian before we do..

Comment

SOBER OCTOBER

Thanks Quake! I'm looking forward to it. :h
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                X