This is tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is tough

Hi everyone and hello to all the newbies. I joined this site last December and yet again finding myself starting again! Its day 2 for me...again.Day 1 went quite ok but today I am really struggling. I used to spend all day looking forward to the time I could start drinking (7pm for me).I would start getting an "excited" feelin from around 5 pm. Today tho I am full of anxiety and anger that I am being deprived of my "crutch". stupid I know when it causes so many problems. I am takin 3000mg Kudzo,1000mg L.Glutamine,100mg serotone 5HTP but still I am like a rabid dogull . I fought this thing tonight and didnt buy any wine but dont know if i can do it tomorro.Is it going to be like this everyday??? I can never seem to get passed day 2:bang
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

This is tough

Hi there
    I think you need to take more L-Glut - I take 3000 mg (2 in the morning and one at night). Also, when I feel the cravings are really bad, instead of swallowing the L-Glut, I open the capsule right up and put it on my tongue - it works faster. I also think you should take the amino acids - i think they make a major difference - amino acid deficiencies play a MAJOR role in our cravings, as well as Vitamin B deficiencies - are you taking a good multi vitamin? Here is what i am taking and so far, I am finding the cravings very manageable:
    1 multivitamin (ordered from this site) first thing in the morning, 2 l-gluts first thing in the morning, one at night, the kudzu spread throughout the day, the amino acids (you take 4 of them - again, i take them all first thing in the morning), and 1 Gabba pill first thing in the morning, also ordered from this site.
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

This is tough

Hi Max well maybe tonight you will get through without a drink.?
      I found keeping a plan for the evening helped..go walk, garden, take a bubble bath etc..cook healthier..anything except drink. before coming on here in feb i couldnt get a few days of alcohol free together either. Then the little steps got to bigger strides and then i did my goal.. of alcohol free days.
      Good Luck..you can do it...Cassy

Comment

This is tough

Hi Maxineann
        Hope you've managed to tough out the 2 day hurdle by now. As cassy says, the little steps do finally turn into bigger strides. My hurdle is 2 weeks and I just passed it for the first time ever with the help of a friend. I had all the same feelings as you - anger, fear, frustration, couldn't sit still, just wanted it, why am I putting myself through this? and so on. My friend just asked me what was it about the two weeks, what was a month of my life? When she put it like that it took me back to my initial determination. Perhaps if you think to yourself 'what is this ONE night in my whole life?' it will help you get to day 3 AF. And who knows how you will feel then??
        I know it's extremely difficult to sit with those uncomfortable feelings but give it a go and see what happens. Wishing you the best of luck. By the way, cinema can be a great place to go for distraction and no drinking and straight home to bed after the film.
        Bean x

Comment

Working...
        X