Army Thread Wednesday 2nd October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ach well, my mate just dropped off the dough I lent him AND brought me an early b'day pressie... a fold up canopy for the deck to get us by till we can afford a proper one. Feeling a bit smilier now! I fed him a shrimp lunch before he went back to work and both parties are happy... )

Going to take a break from the office drudgery and run to the bank.

What's the take away food like in Saffa Tippers? Can't be as bad as the stuff here. Although I have started using this one place called Chipotle... their food seems pretty "pure".

Here's a pic of the kind of tent we stayed in in Kenya, FYI... (REALLY similar... are there a lot like that?)

Comment

Fook me it's huge! Can just walk right in there and take a nanna nap! ;o)

Comment

Evening

My sympathies on the paperwork too, zenny. I looked up that HomeAgain thing and it seems very expensive if it is what I think it is. I paid ?7 to have my cats microchipped and put on a pet recovery register for life (it was admittedly a half-price offer) with no annual fees.

I've had a productive day, including two long walks with amy on the common plus a run in-between the walks. I can feel myself getting fitter by the day.

Spanakopita (spinach pie) and marinated pork chops ready to go in the oven. Just need to head out to the Co-op first.

Bacinabit.

Comment

Howyiz .....
          Now:
          I think the Army needs a serious kick up the arse.
          2 pages .......@ 7pm ...... :gramps:

Comment

Gosh Reccy, I'm a bit jealous of the "fit" feeling. Maybe I do need to get a pupski? Either that or get my arse to the gym on a regular basis.

I just went and read the Home Again website after seeing your post and it looks as if they stay in the database even if I don't pay the annual dues. I guess I'll call them.

Hewwo Satzarooney!!! Yer better start chatting then, better-int-you?!

Comment

Well ................. em let me see ....
              errrrr nothing happened to me today.
              Got up went to work - came home
              Oh GAWD !:upset:

Comment

satz123;1563681 wrote: Well ................. em let me see ....
                errrrr nothing happened to me today.
                Got up went to work - came home
                Oh GAWD !:upset:
                Awwhhhhh there there there............... :l

Nowt much happened to me today either, just crapola!

I think it's time for a nice cup of java (tea for you given the hour!). I need a break from this fucking office so if anyone's around I'll see yiz in the kitchen.

Comment

Yo :wavin:

Quick hello from the north east. Pissing wi' fecking rain.

Zen - though i'd inadvertantly taken a psychotropic drug when your pic suddenly pinged open in front of me face :H

Yo Doc!

Comment

Question of the day - what's gonna be my next goal after chester?!

a) Anglesay Marathon (Jan) (Far away, ergo expensive)
                    b) D33 - ultra marathon, 33miles, in Aberdeenshire (Mar, cheap)
                    c) Cataran Trail Ultramara... 50+ miles... near my folks (May, i think... cheap... but VERY demanding)
                    d) Glencoe marathon - 2 mountains.... (Oct (2014!))
                    e) Summat completely different... summat abroad?!?!

Comment

Evening lovelies.

Well yer glamping tent certainly beats my caravan hands down,Zens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0[/video]]Father Ted: 'Small' vs 'Far Away' - YouTube

Bloody hard to have a bit of a party in too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6RgnGJQrjQ[/video]]
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yo Arsey!

It felt a bit out-of-the-ordinary to me when it came pinging up too!

I have a cup of freshly brewed cawfee with Redi Whip on top... to heck with the calories, GMOs, and other unhealthy components surrounding the Redi Whip... tastes gawjus!

So work went well today then? Are you doing 2 days or 3?

Comment

JackieClaire;1563686 wrote: Evening lovelies.

Well yer glamping tent certainly beats my caravan hands down,Zens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0[/video]]Father Ted: 'Small' vs 'Far Away' - YouTube

Bloody hard to have a bit of a party in too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6RgnGJQrjQ[/video]]Riverdance in caravan - YouTube
                          *SNOOOOORRRRTTTTTTT!!!*

Feckin love Father Ted! :H:H:H

Comment

RunningCourage;1563685 wrote: Question of the day - what's gonna be my next goal after chester?!

c) Cataran Trail Ultramara... 50+ miles... near my folks (May, i think... cheap... but VERY demanding)
                            I shan't pretend I lewked at them all... ;o) BUT... I think Glencoe would be very good for your soul d'Arseous. It's my favourite DRIVE in Scotland (no yer will not catch me runnin' it!!!) And maybe either option B or C before that.

Comment

Ok - off on a gratitude rampage.......
                              The little things never cease to amaze me :
                              • My daughter ringing in the evening and me laughing and chatting for real and will remember the whole conversation tomorrow.
                              • Offering a lift to Mr S into town tomorrow - after 6pm :egad:
                              • Arranging meeeting for Monday morning - never happened if I could help it when I was drinking.Buying wine in sale and putting away in dinks cabinet 'for Christmas' and meaning it :thumbs:Bottles of beer in the fridge about 6 weeks - also unheard of.Actually enjoying crap on the tv
                              to be continued .......................

Comment

RunningCourage;1563685 wrote: Question of the day - what's gonna be my next goal after chester?!

Glencoe is stunning arsey - I'm sure you've been there - I imagine it would be a wonderful place to run in.

Hiya satzy and Jackie.

Comment

Working...
                                X