Thanks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks...

Just wanted to say this site has been a huge help for me and give a general thank you to everyone. From my experience it's not easy finding a place with so many different people involved that is so supportive and free of drama. Some other addiction boards make me want to take a shower and drink after reading through them, lol. I used to read these forums more than anything else during my heavy drinking phase when I was hoping to get better and I would read the advice to newcomers to keep checking in and keep posting and I could never quite see what benefit that would be. I see it now. I am over a month sober and feeling great and a lot of credit goes to this place. One of my Main issues in early recovery that has bugged me is lack of attention span and focus...that's where this site has helped the most- it keeps me busy and involved instead of inside my own recovering brain. So again, thanks to all.
    Tom

Thanks...

Congratulations to you Tom on a month. I agree with the attention span thing. Anyway, I am so glad this site is helping you. A month is great.

Comment

Thanks...

I agree completely Tom this can be an increbly lonely journey but MWO keeps us well loved and looked after. :h

Excellent job on one month. Do you have your Byrdie at yet?
      :l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Thanks...

Kradle123;1564785 wrote: I agree completely Tom this can be an increbly lonely journey but MWO keeps us well loved and looked after. :h

Excellent job on one month. Do you have your Byrdie at yet?
        :l
        I'm not sure what a "Byrdie at" is, lol

Comment

Thanks...

Tom321;1564886 wrote: I'm not sure what a "Byrdie at" is, lol
          That is a typo....at one month you get a byrdie hat, and a nelz star for doing so well, Im sure Byrdie will be along shortly

Congrats

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2192286=7645-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Thanks...

Nelz;1564905 wrote: That is a typo....at one month you get a byrdie hat, and a nelz star for doing so well, Im sure Byrdie will be along shortly

Congrats
            Thx, that made me smile

Comment

Thanks...

CONGRATS Tom!!!
              MWO is a good place & has helped out a lot of us

Keep up the great work, stick around for a while

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks...

Tom 30 days is huge. Congrats.:wave:
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Thanks...

Hi Tom, I'm so glad that you've found the peace that comes with 30 days AF. Isn't it great waking up feeling good? Congratulations!!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Thanks...

Thx Lavande, Beagle, and June. Yes, June, it is a great feeling to wake up feeling good. Even on those days I dont wake up feeling too good at least I am not waking feeling like a zombified hot mess. That's priceless.
                    Tom

Comment

Thanks...

its worth it!

glad you are comfortable here, it's a good place.

30 days kicks ass!
                      10-06-2012

Comment

Thanks...

Great job Tom! "Zombified hot mess" made me laugh :H I guess that's what I was for years...maybe not so hot though. LOL

I remember your first posts and these 30 days have gone by so fast! You are doing awesome. Here's to the next 30 and beyond!!!

K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks...

K9Lover;1565897 wrote: Great job Tom! "Zombified hot mess" made me laugh :H I guess that's what I was for years...maybe not so hot though. LOL

I remember your first posts and these 30 days have gone by so fast! You are doing awesome. Here's to the next 30 and beyond!!!

K9
                          Thx, K9. I rember it too..and i remember how horrible i felt physically and mentally that first day i posted and how you reached out to me and i thank you so much for that.
                          And dont sell yourself short. Btw " Zombified hot mess "is now oficially copyrighted
                          Tom

Comment

Thanks...

Congratulations on your month Tom!! I agree...this forum and people are top notch. I have clung to the branches of the nest more than once in the last month as well. Love it here!

Comment

Thanks...

Thx, Sake, and i'm glad its helping you as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X