Hypnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypnosis

Just wondering if anyone has tried hypnosis for giving up alcohol.If anybody has tried it,did it work?Would love to know peoples thought's on this.

Hypnosis

celtic-chick;1566160 wrote: Just wondering if anyone has tried hypnosis for giving up alcohol.If anybody has tried it,did it work?Would love to know peoples thought's on this.
    Hi CC,

I know of some people where hypnosis has worked for smoking cigarettes, but i don't know re AL. It may well help. A member here called Lavande say's the MWO CD's have helped her, and i think they use hypnosis. I tried it once, but when the guy sat me in a chair with small speakers near my head, and then pulled out a microphone, i started laughing. Didn't work for me, but i may've had a poor hypnotist.

Best wishes on your journey friend.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hypnosis

Guitarista;1566165 wrote: Hi CC,

I know of some people where hypnosis has worked for smoking cigarettes, but i don't know re AL. It may well help. A member here called Lavande say's the MWO CD's have helped her, and i think they use hypnosis. I tried it once, but when the guy sat me in a chair with small speakers near my head, and then pulled out a microphone, i started laughing. Didn't work for me, but i may've had a poor hypnotist.

Best wishes on your journey friend.

G bloke.
      Lol.I think I would have laughed too.I might try the cd's.Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Hypnosis

No worries.

All the best.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hypnosis

i think its worth a go

Comment

Hypnosis

Personally, I think anything is worth a try. I mean, what have you got to lose?? If you seriously want to stop drinking, it isn't going to hurt to try hypnosis, medication, AA, counselling, supplements.....whatever it takes, maybe something will stick and even if not, maybe you will find your own way through it all. Good luck!

Comment

Hypnosis

I have the MWO tapes and listen to them whenever I am not on the road traveling. They have been very helpful for me. I can now practice self-hypnosis and do so when I am feeling extremely vulnerable to AL's temptations. At a minimum, the guy's voice can put you to sleep
              Free at Last
              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Hypnosis

I am currently listening to a "Quit Smoking Hypnosis" CD at night...my problem is that I fall asleep before I get even 10 minute in! Maybe I should rethink my plan. LOL

I agree with the others, try whatever it takes, it won't hurt! Let us know how you're doing!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hypnosis

Tried the MWO tapes - also face to face with 2 'hypnotherapists'
                  Left both and bought a bottle of wine on way home :egad:
                  That was a while back - maybe I'm a slow learner and it's taken this long to hit home ?

Or as Mr G says - I maybe I got a dodgy hypnotist

Thanks for this - had forgotten how long I have been looking for answers...
                  Posting here has been my way out :thumbs:

But you should try it - and good luck on your quest!

Comment

Hypnosis

Thank you all for the replies.I agree it can't hurt.

satz123 I hope I don't pick the dodgy hypnotist you went to I'm in Ireland too.

Comment

Hypnosis

I have the MWO CD's too and I like them but u have to use them nightly to get any benefit. At least that is my opinion.
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hypnosis

Thanks Dottie.Can I ask you what cd's you bought.There are a few different ones.Thanks

Comment

Hypnosis

Cheeky, Avail mentioned hypnosis in this thread https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ory-86557.html
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Hypnosis

I was hypnotised years ago and did not think it worked and then went to a psychologist and as soon as I mentioned it and said I did not feel as if I had she rolled with it. I love it. have not done it to give up AL but when I start again I will definitely give it a shot. Mine was to let go of my past. I am a total believer.
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                            X