Relapse Prevention.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse Prevention.

I want to move my threads here. This is a honesty place. No name calling. This is a place to prevent a relapse. Let's go!
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Relapse Prevention.

Hey FD.

No name calling? Party pooper. Just joking. Here's a link posted by you i think awhile ago that makes for some inspiring reading i think, and also discusses relapse prevention techniques. Hope you don't mind me posting it here.

My Reclaimed Life - Tools

All the best. G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Hey bud! That is a awesome read. I encourage people to read it. Thank you for that.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Thanks G, good to have.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

This is a place of warmth. We stop each other before that drink. Let's get on board. No more relapses.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Good idea...I'll chime in. And thanks for starting this thread.

I don't know how to prevent relapses. Honestly, I don't know why I'm sitting here SOBER on what is now the 35th day in a row!! I am already terrified that I'll drink on vacation in November. Just writing the sentence seems like a self fulfilling prophecy! I only hope and pray that I remain strong and remember how hard..damn near impossible it is to quit (each and every time) and that being drunk is only fun for a few minutes...the rest of it is a freaking nightmare.

I think it's all about choice. You cross your arms and stomp your foot on the ground and tell/think to yourself..I'm NOT drinking no matter what!!!! End of story!

That is the only reason I'm still sober today...well that and I am enjoying not being hung-over or feeling dog crap everyday. Oh and I'm saving money and relationships..but that's it!

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

No more for me, please. Sake, I know what you mean re vacations...it's like all the usual rules and constraints of life go out the window. But think about what we'll gain by not being weighed down by hangovers & obliterated for large stretches of time in an alcohol induced haze...

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Off to work! Let's say NO to a relapse today. Take care everyone.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwmnPELENss[/video]]Relapse Prevention Part 1 - YouTube

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

I had to refuse the offer of the staff christmas night out scenario, was tough, takes place early december, i just knew i'd get wasted if i went, sometimes, you gotta fight your own corner! :yay:

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F4B9_oJb-k[/video]]Relapse Prevention Part 2 - YouTube

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVAaJiq6Q8U[/video]]My Name is Bill W. (Complete) - YouTube

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S77b8-tsRY[/video]]Clean and Sober (1988) - YouTube

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Laughing and having fun. Sobriety and recovery should be about having fun and laughing at ourselves. I know I have made a few mistakes with some situations as of late. But I am over it all. Sobriety should be fun. If not than what is the point of it all. So relapse prevention for me tonight. Is reading books. Watching movies. I know there is a lot tension right now in this forum. But a family gets upset at each other at times and we come back together. It's hard to know at times how to convey feelings towards others on here. And at times we might disagree with each other. Let's work towards helping each other out when we are down. I have failed a few times on here. I apologize for that. I want to love this new gift of life that sobriety is. Let's have fun with this

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

hey FD
                              no tension here, just a well done to you. sobriety is fun, that is actually the secret to this whole thing in my opinion. What you miss ain't worth missing!
                              Best to you
                              Sam
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X