Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse Prevention.

Samstone;1566973 wrote: hey FD
    no tension here, just a well done to you. sobriety is fun, that is actually the secret to this whole thing in my opinion. What you miss ain't worth missing!
    Best to you
    Sam
    Thanks bud! If your feeling a struggle just let me know. Teamwork is everything in recovery.
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Thanks FD, it can all happen to any of us at any given time... what a strange condition, eh?
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Samstone;1566980 wrote: Thanks FD, it can all happen to any of us at any given time... what a strange condition, eh?
        Very! But if we keep talking things out. Help each other during the rough patches. We will weather the storms. You live in Virgina Sam? How is the weather out there?

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Samstone;1566973 wrote: hey FD
          no tension here, just a well done to you. sobriety is fun, that is actually the secret to this whole thing in my opinion. What you miss ain't worth missing!
          Best to you
          Sam
          No arguing with that Samstone, perfect logic. Sounds like you are done with your old life! And when you made up your mind it appears that you have zero interest in turning back... yes/no?

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Well, I better get to sleep!

See yiz on the boards. Oiche mhath! X

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Zenstyle;1566983 wrote: No arguing with that Samstone, perfect logic. Sounds like you are done with your old life! And when you made up your mind it appears that you have zero interest in turning back... yes/no?
              Zenstyle, Can I ask you a question? I get some really good sober time under me and fail. 1 year 9 months 6 months. Than fall apart. I created this thread for education on preventing relapses. So any tips. Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

How about trying to incorporate all of this into your "normal" life... like trying to MERGE the new you and the old you and not swapping one out for the other? I don't know you hun, but it's just a thought. HUGE change is hard... gradual change is much more do-able...

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Zenstyle;1566991 wrote: How about trying to incorporate all of this into your "normal" life... like trying to MERGE the new you and the old you and not swapping one out for the other? I don't know you hun, but it's just a thought. HUGE change is hard... gradual change is much more do-able...
                  That makes perfect sense! I am a drastic changing person. I know I have to be more baby steps at this. Good food for thought. Thank you Zenstyle!

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Zenstyle;1566983 wrote: No arguing with that Samstone, perfect logic. Sounds like you are done with your old life! And when you made up your mind it appears that you have zero interest in turning back... yes/no?
                    Zen
                    you got that right, no interest in turning back!
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

finallydone;1566990 wrote: I created this thread for education on preventing relapses. So any tips. Thoughts are greatly appreciated.
                      Hi, FD
                      There are some motivating stories and a lot to learn from here:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ect-78410.html

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

No need to thank me at all... please! I don't know what's what... only my own experiences. I do think that slow and steady gets the prize at the end of the day. I've attacked it from a few different angles and even stuck myself in rehab for 28 days but it turns out that, well, accepting myself and my propensity to drink too much has been the key. I'm not into other drugs though, so I only have this to deal with, and some people have a host of other stuff going on at the same time. It's just different for all of us in that regard too.

Looking at your posts, I see you bouncing around a bit there buddy. I think "calm down!" Take a breath and, well, it IS entirely do-able. If it wasn't attainable then there wouldn't be so many people on this site leading, or starting to lead, fruitful lives. Right?

Rome wasn't built in a day... just stay calm and work towards being the person you want to be.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Samstone;1566993 wrote: Zen
                          you got that right, no interest in turning back!

It appears to be that way!

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Zenstyle;1566995 wrote: No need to thank me at all... please! I don't know what's what... only my own experiences. I do think that slow and steady gets the prize at the end of the day. I've attacked it from a few different angles and even stuck myself in rehab for 28 days but it turns out that, well, accepting myself and my propensity to drink too much has been the key. I'm not into other drugs though, so I only have this to deal with, and some people have a host of other stuff going on at the same time. It's just different for all of us in that regard too.

Looking at your posts, I see you bouncing around a bit there buddy. I think "calm down!" Take a breath and, well, it IS entirely do-able. If it wasn't attainable then there wouldn't be so many people on this site leading, or starting to lead, fruitful lives. Right?

Rome wasn't built in a day... just stay calm and work towards being the person you want to be.
                            I know I need to calm down. When I am sober I am roaring person ready to go. Yeah the bouncing around is something I need to stop doing among other things. So I am just sticking with my thread here. And keep doing what it takes. Great stuff tonight!

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

finallydone;1566992 wrote: That makes perfect sense! I am a drastic changing person. I know I have to be more baby steps at this. Good food for thought. Thank you Zenstyle!
                              FD, at least 2 times through my alcoholic career I've stopped for several years, then back to it. My last time was about 5 years ago a good friend came by to play music with a 6 pack of good beer. Well that 6 pack turn into until last January a long 5 year binge. Started to taper and kept lurking here. I read a couple books, Rational Recovery, Allen Carr's Easy Way. Both books were good, not great but each had their points. I then read a Wayne Dyer book, which was not about booze but more about the inner "soul/god" that lies within us all that if we use it, we can achieve many things. (I, being Quaker, could get this without much reservations) The first part of using this new self is that I need to be kind to others. A simple thing that makes a person feel good inside. So as I was figuring this thing out I realized I needed to be grateful for the folks here at MWO because they became my real support that I never had other than doing it alone. Once I became grateful to you all I became grateful to myself... for being sober, not hurting myself, not creating bad health. It is so simplistic and yet maybe hard to get, I don't know, for me it worked! It did not happen overnight, I can tell you that, though. There have been moments in the early go, and that's when I'd jump on here.

sorry for the long post, it just starting coming out.
                              Sam
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Samstone;1566999 wrote: FD, at least 2 times through my alcoholic career I've stopped for several years, then back to it. My last time was about 5 years ago a good friend came by to play music with a 6 pack of good beer. Well that 6 pack turn into until last January a long 5 year binge. Started to taper and kept lurking here. I read a couple books, Rational Recovery, Allen Carr's Easy Way. Both books were good, not great but each had their points. I then read a Wayne Dyer book, which was not about booze but more about the inner "soul/god" that lies within us all that if we use it, we can achieve many things. (I, being Quaker, could get this without much reservations) The first part of using this new self is that I need to be kind to others. A simple thing that makes a person feel inside. So as I was figuring this thing out I realized I needed to be grateful for the folks here at MWO because they became my real support that I never had other than doing it alone. Once I became grateful to you all I became grateful to myself... for being sober, not hurting myself, not creating bad health. It is so simplistic and yet maybe hard to get, I don't know, for me it worked! It did not happen overnight, I can tell you that, though. There have been moments in the early go, and that's when I'd jump on here.

sorry for the long post, it just starting coming out.
                                Sam
                                Sam I love what you said there.

Comment

Working...
                                X