Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse Prevention.

NoSugar;1566994 wrote: Hi, FD
    There are some motivating stories and a lot to learn from here:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ect-78410.html
    NoSugar, That is great reading. Thank you!
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

I want to thank everyone for helping me stay sober another day. It's bed time for me. I feel like I am watching my dad die in front of my eyes from drinking. He is 62 and has been constantly sick the past year. I have no idea what to do. My mom is in denial. So is my brother and sister who have no clue. I am rebuilding my life. But I have to do something for him before it's too late. I love my dad so much. If anyone has any ideas what I should do I would love them. My dad is stubborn like me. So I would like some ideas on this. Thank you everyone. I can't sleep. I am worried about my dad.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

FD
        my dad was a heavy drinker as well. Best I can tell you is that before his end, be sure to tell him that you care. My dad fell and hit hid head. He had internal bleeding in his brain. Before they flew him off, I got to tell him that I loved him. He returned the same, I'll never forget it.
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Sam, thank you. My dad is a great guy. I have a long history of alcoholism in the family from my grandpa father cousins. We are entrenched in it sadly. This thing is terrible beyond words on how to talk honestly with my family. I wish this all away but reality is you can't.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Great day at work! But wow the sky is swirling and storming. I am hoping everyone is doing good. The weekends are tough. Heading to a meeting at 8 pm. Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Finally I would tell your dad you are concerned and why. Maybe talk to your mom. Maybe your siblings need to be told?? Weekends are harder. Day one for me cold turkey and not a fun day
              AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Back from my meeting. Not having a great night but hanging in there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXGALVReuSo[/video]]Part 1-Quit Drinking, how your brain gets addicted to alcohol. Are you an alcoholic? - YouTube

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Attitude adjustment time. I preach having fun in sobriety. I just ordered a pizza and watching one of my favorite movies of all time Doc Hollywood. It's midnight. Pizza and a great movie will lift me up.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Even the rain today isn't getting me down. Watching football. I realize so much hoiw simple things in life mean everything during rough patches in early recovery. Still focusing on my 5 prong attack to prevent a relapse. Also the great one Byrdie suggested a online MWO skype group. Who is on board with that. It's a excellent idea. Stay strong today.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Skype sounds good.
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Hi Dottie. I would like to host a MWO group meeting on skype if others are on board with it. Something that is 2 or 3 times a day. A place for people to connect in recovery. Some of our outstanding posters could be moderators. We have rules in place. Have it be like a topic meeting or something along that matter. Let me know what everyone thinks. I can set it up or if any of the other talented people on this site want to help me I think it would be very beneficial to all of us. Especially us who are in early recovery. I welcome the feedback on this.

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Guitarista;1566445 wrote: Hey FD.

No name calling? Party pooper. Just joking. Here's a link posted by you i think awhile ago that makes for some inspiring reading i think, and also discusses relapse prevention techniques. Hope you don't mind me posting it here.

My Reclaimed Life - Tools

All the best. G bloke.
                          Je-Sus ! Mr. G. I'm only 3 pages in to that link and I am just crying and crying....who is that guy.... :h
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

finallydone;1567890 wrote: Hi Dottie. I would like to host a MWO group meeting on skype if others are on board with it. Something that is 2 or 3 times a day. A place for people to connect in recovery. Some of our outstanding posters could be moderators. We have rules in place. Have it be like a topic meeting or something along that matter. Let me know what everyone thinks. I can set it up or if any of the other talented people on this site want to help me I think it would be very beneficial to all of us. Especially us who are in early recovery. I welcome the feedback on this.
                            Hey FD
                            I won't be able to do this, though it would be fun, thanks
                            Sam
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

Kradle123;1567891 wrote: Je-Sus ! Mr. G. I'm only 3 pages in to that link and I am just crying and crying....who is that guy.... :h
                              Me too, Kradle. mWO lost me for a while there. Very good read.
                              "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                              Lao-Tzu

Comment

Relapse Prevention.

I am going to work on a skype meeting time for us all on here. Anyone who wants to join I will pass the link on. Thanks everyone. I think this a great thing. I am shooting for a first meeting tomorrow on Sunday at 8 pm CST. I am really excited about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X