Craving killers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craving killers?

I need help! how does everyone do it? any tips?
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Craving killers?

Ask your GP about campral..

Campral has worked wonders killing the cravings for me mate. It has been 50 days AF today and they have been easy with this medication.

If you're serious about remaining alcohol free then you should enquire about it!

David

Comment

Craving killers?

The kudzu from this website has done wonders for me (tried health store stuff and it was garbage). Take 3-4 pills about an hour before your usual drinking time. Really good stuff.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Craving killers?

Maxman... hang in there. Just breath and remember that the craving *will* pass. It sucks, I know... but the craving is better than the aftermath of 'having a few' and you'll feel a LOT stronger tomorrow for it.

Doo
        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Craving killers?

DooDoo - For some of us, I believe that breathing and trying to let it pass doesn't work. In my experience, once a strong craving gets in my head, it gets stuck in there for the rest of the day.. I have learnt not to act on it but it cause frustration, anger, lack of concentration etc etc.

The campral has taken away these urges so I don't have to dwell on them and fight them continuously for hours. For me, this is the only thing that has worked.

Perhaps other people need more than deep breaths and will power too.

Cheers,
          David

Comment

Craving killers?

The breathing thing only makes me frustrated...I get mad when I want something and can't have it. Whether it be a new pair of shoes or a glass of wine. I'm on the Kudzu, it worked last night. I didn't go out and get anything!

Comment

Craving killers?

cravings......... oh i hate them, they make me so angry. All i can say is get on the computer if you can, to take your mind off them. I havent tried kudzu but think i might. good luck. Bella x

Comment

Craving killers?

For me it was the Kudzu which worked everytime...

I took it three times a day for the first three months or so, now I rarely need it but I still keep it handy just in case... for instance, next Sunday is my son in laws birthday and there will be a party so I will start to take Kudzu again three times a day from Friday so I can go to the party and have no worries about craving a drink...
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Craving killers?

Hi all, yes Kudzo does the biz for me too... went af for a couple of weeks (yahoo) felt fabby and realised one night when getting ready for bed that I had actually forgotton to think about alcohol..... yes I know, started drinking again at the weekend thinking I could moderate as wasn't craving.... big boo boo.

Lorna
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Craving killers?

I take the kudzu regularly but when a craving comes along I take extra L-glut and it seems to dull the edges and make it bearable and finally forgettable. That's how I live with mine.
                    marcel
                    Reach deep, find your will power.

Comment

Craving killers?

Maxman

Yes it hard. I hadn't at a drink from Jan. The way I handle it is on special Occ. if iam good then yes I can one. My problem is with run so I don't have one, so now I will have a champ, which I did at easter. just hankg in there.

Comment

Craving killers?

I dont know what is working in particular, but I have a feeling its the L-Glut for me. i only recently started taking two of them at once in the morning and one at night when I get home from work and the difference in cravings is very noticeable for me.
                        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                        X