Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is it!

Hi all,
    I joined yesterday, was full of great intentions then still somehow managed to drink maybe 7/8 of a bottle of wine (important to note that I tell myself I didn't actually finish it, pretty pathetic eh), fell asleep on the couch, woke up at midnight,,,,,,,. Now, here I am again, wracked with guilt, I am just so tired of it that I am done. I need your help I will come here every day, please help me through this I have tried before but never get beyond 2 weeks AF. I am not sure if I want to stop for ever but I cannot have a single glass of wine unless my poor husband is watching me like a hawk and then I resent that focus and get pissed off at him for watching me. Problem is he can see "it" in me so even when I think I am doing a good job of hiding it he can see it, a little paranoid, do ya think!!

I want to be Happy2be just me without the crutch, some folks say if you envision a brighter future then that's what you'll get, so that's what I'm trying. I have no excuses, my life should be great, I have a wonderful loving, patient family who don't deserve this crap...please help me to be happy to just be me. :new:

That is it!

When I first started on this site, I did the exact same thing, except I finished the bottle! Don't beat yourself up about it, Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't kick a bad habit right away. It takes lots of work, and support. I'm slowly getting better, but somedays I just want to down a whole bottle myself and pass out on my bed. I can't remember the last time I went 2 weeks AF, the only time I managed that and longer (obviously) was when I was pregnant. I'm not prepared yet for another one, so I'm not going down that road yet.

Have you ordered the supps? I just got mine and started them, and they have helped curb the desire. They seemed to work right away...

You'll be fine. Keep coming here for support, they people here are lovely and you'll find what you need to get through this.

We love you and we're all in this together.

Comment

That is it!

:thanks: what a sweet message GG. I can't help being "disapointed" in myself, I know somewhere in me there is the will but I just can't get there, I don't know why and I have so many excuses....but that is all they are.

With your help and the folks here who know what I am facing I really believe, I have to believe, I can do it, the alternative is just too hard to face.

Many thanks for your support

Comment

That is it!

Hello Happy2be, Welcome. My husband watches me like a hawk too! Makes me feel like a kid. Stay and you will get so much from all the people here. Love, Bella xx

Comment

That is it!

o.k. guys, I ordered the supps. It is early in the morning I feel full of hope this a.m. I am going to make this day 1 for AF, may need a bit of help throughout the day but thanks to you guys so far I am at least feeling hopeful!!!

Please make it work!!

Comment

That is it!

Hi happy, yes really hard to stop at a couple of drinks so I agree with Irish that for some of us abstaining completely is the only way not to get drunk and what inevitably follows, hangover, feeling like crap, guilt, inner hatred..... However, not having the first drink is my problem or fighting the cravings (Kudzo does help), but I found the greatest help was reading what others do/have done to fight the longing, it shows me I am not alone and if others can do it so can I. Keep posting and reading.

Lorna
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

That is it!

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am hoping I can do one day, It will be 2 weeks before my supplements come. I live in Canada where the post is sometimes slow so if I can do one day I am hoping I can keep going till the supps come in. Keep your fingers crossed and thank you for your support, I really appreciate it.
              :-)

Comment

That is it!

Hi Happy why not jump on board with those on here just starting a group hug and doing 30 days as a goal..maybe the accountability each day will help you along with the support, hints etc..Good Luck to you...Day one for you ..here you go.

Regards Cassy

Comment

That is it!

Hi Happy~

Just think "If I work at it, eventually I will accomplish it". Everyone learns to crawl before they can walk. Every step forward is an achievement.
                  :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

That is it!

Keep trying....the supps will help tremendously. Come here...we have either been where you are or are there now...

Comment

That is it!

Don't forget to download the pdf book. It's absolutely a great read and inspiring. I could really relate. It'll help with the whole process and programme.

Good luck and welcome aboard. If it was easy, none of us would be here.

*hug*
                      Doo
                      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Working...
                      X