moderation? not for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moderation? not for me

Good morning everyone. I hope you are having a good Tuesday? I woke up this morning feeling good that i am on day 2 AF. Blip- on sunday, but never mind. It's good to have my sane mind back! But i really need to get it into my thick(!) head that moderation does not work for me. I tell myself this over and over but these words mean nothing if I don't act on them. I am still struggling to really, truthfully admit I have a problem! Its so hard when everyone i know drinks quite happily and they don't care about it. I am quite happy to say..I am an Alcoholic...(only to all of you!) but do I really believe that?! I have this horrible feeling that i am burying my head in the sand again. It's alot easier, isn't it. But, no. I am safe if I just stay clean away from it. I still can't bring myself to throw away the wine I have in our shed. It's like I'm challenging myself to keep it there, but not drink it. I like to make things hard for myself! I think it is easier not to drink, then there is no confusion going on in my head about how many drinks I allow myself. Thats it. I got that out now and I am moving onward and upward with a couple of AF days under my belt, Thats good.

Speak to you all again soon. Bella xxx

moderation? not for me

Bella, it's like you typed everything going on in my head right now... I know and feel like exactly what you just said. I know I have a problem with it, but I don't know if I'm what you would call a full blown alcoholic.

Comment

moderation? not for me

It is hard to admit it GG.

Comment

moderation? not for me

Hi Bella,

There's no way I could moderate, for me it has to be abstinence... Once I made that decision then alcohol was out of my life for ever, and my God, the relief of not having to decide when I would drink, how much I would have, making myself stop after 2 or 3 glasses, sitting here on a Monday wishing it was Saturday so I could have my once a week bottle of wine...

It just opens your whole life up to new beginings.. All that negative energy wasted on drinking and recovering from drinking too much can now be turned into positive energy to forge a brand new life for yourself, and then of course there is the knock on effect it will have on your family, they will have a new you in their lives...

So, all in all, abstinence wins hands down for me everytime...

Love, Louise xxx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

moderation? not for me

Bella & GG, I am also on the same page as both of you. My family seem to think that I'm over reacting and that I should still drink on weekends, but I'm not sure that it's what I want. I'm going to reassess after this 30 day period.

Bella, good on you girly! You're back on top and you're strength is showing through. You're very honest with yourself and also great at putting it down on paper (so to speak )

Doo
          :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

moderation? not for me

I have to agree with you Louise. It just seems inconceivable to say goodbye to it completly. I am going to start listening more and act on the things I say to myself. I know I'm not stupid, just a little slow perhaps in the realisation of it all. Thanks.

Comment

moderation? not for me

thanks DooDoo. i thought you were changing your name?

Comment

moderation? not for me

Bella, If you think of alcohol as a buddie or a friend who is there for you when times get a little hard, or even when times are good and you want to celebrate, then it will be really hard to ditch it, but look on alcohol as your worst enemy, someone who fills you with false hope and promises, someone who ALWAYS lets you down, who holds you back, someone who wraps their arms around you and holds you in such a tight embrace its almost impossible to get away..

You have now got the chance to close the door on all that and get on with living your new life, take that chance...
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

moderation? not for me

Bella,
                  Good morning dear....first of all. starting day 4 AF. Join the thread "30 days???" Group of us are trying to make it 30 days together. I hope you are finding strength. I am starting Topa Friday...hopefully, going to ask doc for it. I thought about you all day yesterday! Much love and hugs to you.

Comment

moderation? not for me

LUVUALL - you are lovely! I am on the 30 days thread. Good luck with topa. xxx

Comment

Working...
                    X