Screwed Up Pretty Bad......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We love you AA, that must be so, SO clear to you by now!

Gem x
    Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

This is a good thread for me. AA, thanks for sharing. I'm a beginner, but get a lot out of everyone's experiences. Last night I drank, too. Today, I feel remorse and disappointment in myself. I know the triggers, but there is this inner battle going on and the "addicted me" seems to always win out...even with the help of supplements, kudzu, etc.

Will today be different? I sure hope so. Like you, AA, I need to pick myself up, learn from this, and go on.

Please keep posting, I get so much from you more experienced MWO'ers!

Comment

AA you are a strong person and you will kick this. Sounds like you are headed that way now. You know what you want and you're going to get there and I agree figuring out the reasons why we drink is so important. I like Belle's idea of keeping a journel so when we start feeling like we need a drink we can recognize the triggers.

I wish you all the best! We love you!
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their posts. As you well know, it's so easy to turn inward and beat yourself up when something like this happens. Your messages lifted me far more that you will ever know, and I'm not sure I know the words to adequately thank you.

I do feel back on course, phsyically and mentally. I'm excited about my evaluation tomorrow simply because I want all the tools that I can get to fight this battle - if you are not learning and growing then you are stagnating and I can't have that.

The Mrs. is also on board, and we will be gowing to conseling together starting next week. I have a lot of trust to rebuild with her - but I am determined to change into the person I want to be. Someone who is completely open and honest about their feelings and who is willing to deal with past issues instead of repressing them. I'm sick and tired of trying to hide this and its time for real change.

I love you all, and thanks again.
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

AA, Normal - to conform - do you always want to conform, no so dont want to be normal, want normal situations but don?t want to be normal.

You have done so well, and one little fall does not make you any less valuable than you are, feel disappointed but as you have told so many of us, even me don?t beat yourself up, you can do it and you are not worthless.

YOu know when your head clears things will look better.
            Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

So glad to hear the enthusiasm and excitement in your 'voice' AA! - and great to hear that Mrs. AA is not only on board but that you're working through this as a partnership - what a great team! Look forward to hearing how it all goes and wishing you all the best tomorrow - and both of you all the best for next week!
              Many :l
              :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
              Goals:
              Days 1-7 DONE
              Days 8-14 DONE
              Days 15-21 DONE
              30 days DONE
              60 days
              100 days

Comment

Working...