Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvation or Bust!

finallydone;1567534 wrote: Sober Soul,
    That was maybe the most beautiful words ever spoken on AL ever. Wow! I have a relapse prevention thread. Come on over and give your thoughts. We can educate each other and lift each other up.
    I've been checking out your thread, finally done. We can be there for each other. Every little bit helps. :l
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

Comment

Salvation or Bust!

I found myself in a state of full presence this afternoon while unloading the groceries out of the hatchback. Then I realized why. If I removed my arm from holding the hatch up while moving bags from the trunk to the ground with the other arm, the heavy door would have fallen on my head as the cylinder mechanism is broken. Sometimes consciousness is a requirement; not a luxury LOL.
      Lao-Tzu

Comment

Salvation or Bust!

LOL SS - my old Jeep had the same problem. Unloading groceries definitely required mindfulness or a trip to the emergency room. Thanks for my laugh for the night. As always, your posts are inspiring, and at times, just downright funny. xx
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Salvation or Bust!

I need to keep my first page bumped up to remind me of what awaits me in the long term when sobriety is a given; not something I do but something I AM. It sure was wonderful to hold my two grand babies and play with my 3 year old gran daughter yesterday with no buzz, whatsoever. I had so much energy to tidy up after everyone left too. Those 3:00 a.m. Wake up calls are NOT missed either.

Hubby is exhausted from all the socializing we've been doing and I feel revitalized: the difference is that he does it while drinking beer and wine and I have managed to do it sober.

Maybe I will try rebounding outside today. The blue herons have been fishing close by and are so primal in their flight. Fun to watch.

It's a holiday here in Canada. Today is Thanksgiving and ia have so much to be grateful for.
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Salvation or Bust!

Sober, great post! Stay determined onyour journey. Will check out the relapse prevention thread also, sounds promising. Stick with us here and keep updating...
            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Salvation or Bust!

Bump!

I just want to say, your thread saved me last night SoberSoul! The idea of "salvation or bust" came into my head.

How are you doing? Please make contact
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
              X