Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocolate hangover

Ever had a chocolate hangover?
    I think I'm having one now. I eat low carb, so there is hardly ever anything sweet in the house. Yesterday I wanted something sweet so I took some Sugar free chocolates I had bought for the hubster,and had 4 pieces. Woah I was buzzed! jumpy didn't feel good at all. This was late yesterday afternoon. I had them for a little pick me up. They may have picked me up ,then they threw me on the ground and stomped on me. My husband said probably the caffiene in them. No, I have caffiene every morning. I was thinking maybe it was some chemical in them as I had taken my supplements just before. I feel horible today. Beware of people bearing sugar free chocolate,
    Smiles
    Mary

Chocolate hangover

NO MORE CHOCOLATE!

Comment

Chocolate hangover

Hey Mary
      It could be that you can't take the artificial sweetner.
      Check the ingredients and avoid it.
      Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Chocolate hangover

Nancy, I just looked, sweetened with splenda, we use that all the time. My goodness though have you ever read one of these packages? All sorts of artifical junk. It's a Russell Stover box I picked up for Hubby. Never again. he can have all the real candy he wants. I'm staying away from all of it!

thanks for caring
        Mary

Comment

Chocolate hangover

Just eat a few pieces and you'll be cool. You can't OD on anything every is bad for you or eventually it will be!
          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Chocolate hangover

Simey, i just knew you would be a low carber......... how do you keep it up? The lure of tatties and bread were just too much for me but wow the weight just dropped off!!!

Lorna
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Chocolate hangover

Lorna, Mr. Simey is the bread & potatoes guy. It's just never been my thing. He on the other hand has never met a carb he didn't love. I for the most part try to be a vegeterian. Funny, He called me up one day last week and said Honey I'm going to eat like you do. I think he lasted one day. That's my guy. He kinda looks like across between Richard Gere and John Travolta. Only At 6'2 and 240 pounds. He has gained 40 since we married but I decided to become an accomplished cook a few years back so it's my fault.
              Smiles
              Mary

Comment

Chocolate hangover

Mmm think I lurve Mr Simey....... Defo fantasy stuff anyhow....
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Chocolate hangover

He would be most flattered I'm sure.
                  Mar

Comment

Chocolate hangover

Simey,
                    Look for maltitol (or something like it) as one of the ingredients. It's in most low Carb sweets and chocolates. It's a huge gas producer and can make you feel bad. A friend of mine sent my hubby a bag of knock off M&M's made out of the stuff and oh my gosh, talk about stink. We threw the rest of the bag out. :H

Laura
                    Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Chocolate hangover

Laura, your right Maltitol is the first listed ingredient, which means that is what it contains the most of. Nasty Stuff! Out it goes!!
                      Thanks
                      Mary

Comment

Chocolate hangover

Thanx Laura~learned something new today! Gosh the crap we eat!

Maltitol is a sugar alcohol (a polyol) used as a sugar substitute. It has 90% of the sweetness of sucrose (table sugar) and nearly identical properties, except for browning. Unfortunately, maltitol is well known to cause gastric distress, particularly if consumed in great quantities. Due to its slow absorption, excessive consumption can have laxative effect and sometimes can cause gas and/or bloating.
                        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X