tearfull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tearfull

Did anyone else get tearfull in the early days. I am on day 3 and am so emotional. I am struggling to hold back the tears. Like Maxman my craving is doing my head in. My health store Kudzo isnt workin an I am so tempted to buy drink. I so dont want to give in again but i cant stop the craving. I have bought so many supps I cant afford more Kudzo.I am in debt and am spendin as much on supps than i did on cheap wine an not feeling any easier. I know- I'm impatient! I have asked my doctor for Campral today. she wouldnt see me but I have had it before from my old doctor who retired. (it didnt work then because I didnt stop drinking) I have to wait to see if she will prescribe it via a phone call I made earlier. She is not as nice as my previous doctor and thinks I should just stop. so I am doubtfull she will prescribe it. If she doesnt I will probably give in again. I hate being like this. sorry tto ramble xx
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

tearfull

YES, but I am a cry baby anyway! I am a very emotional person....if I even see someone else cry, I can't stand it!

Buy the prescription off the internet if she won't give it to you. I have an appt. Friday and if she acts like a butt, I am going to buy it on the internet!!!

Comment

tearfull

god yes i thought it was just me i keep crying for no reason i think i am expecting to fail and i couldnt bear it then i keep thinking how fantastic and life changing it will be if i succeed i am managing with kudzu l gutamine and milk thistle i wouldnt dare tell my gp i drink in case it went on my records i am a nurse. i will always have a cry with you if it helps lol anythings better than the demon drink

Comment

tearfull

Maxi, I am NOT a doctor; you could be detoxing,I would strongly suggest seeing a doctor immediately. I amvery unfamilar with the health care system in the UK but can you get to a ER or something like that and tell them your situation?
        Prayers and best wishes
        Mary

Comment

tearfull

I was very emotional and teary for a while. In my case it was mostly relief that I'd made a decision, and confusion about what to do next. I'm sticking at it and the confusion has turned into a plan of sorts.
          I hope you get where you want to be Maxi.

Comment

tearfull

I sure have, when I have tried quitting in the past commericals make me cry, and I'm not a cryer. I think our brains are out of whack and sorting out...it will get better.

Comment

tearfull

mary
              the uk is not a good place (as if any where is !) to have alcohol problems health professionals on the whole are very usympathetic and as for a& e helping no way.
              it seems in other countries docs will take on board information gleaned by patients here its who the hell do they think they are and will do the opposite. but please maxi you can do it we know how you feel let the people on here with experience ( thats defo not me ) help you

Comment

tearfull

Yes..I think it's natural..many of us drink to drown our emotions, and once we stop, the dam can burst. I actually think it's a good thing, if you can look at it that way. Consider them cleansing tears..emotions that have not been allowed to be expressed..sadness, gladness, anger, fear...just let them out dear..the water jugs do get lighter in time. Big loving arms are wrapped around you...do not fear the tears.
                Namaste!
                Di

Comment

tearfull

I agree with the detoxing thing. Here is the issue, I went to a psychiatrist a few years back who told me NOT to stop drinking. That I would detox and it could be life threatening. I truly wish that I had never met that person as I was ready to stop then, but then she scared me into having to "cut back" before I quit. Well, that just isnt possible. When you detox, and I have several times, your body goes through all sorts of hormonal changes whereas the body is looking to the alcohol for some sort of stimulation. When it doesnt get that stimulation, the body is now forced into a "now what do I do," kinda syndrome. If the supps arent working, then dont spend the money that you dont have on them. Pick a subject, any subject and immerse yourself into it. Make sure you take Melatonin or some other sleep aid at night as I found that when I was rested, it was much easier to deal with the cravings as opposed to me having a lousy night. I dont know what family structure you have, but I found putting pics of my kids everywhere I go helped a lot. Visor in car, bathroom, etc places that you normally wouldnt have lots of pics. Most of all, just think about how much YOU want this to happen. When you get the cravings, drink a gallon of water. Go outside for a long walk, just do NOT give into it. Each day that you get by without having to cave in, means that you have that MANY days behind you AF. I know we have a lot of tolerance for slipping on this website, but try NOT to and look forward to how you are going to feel once you put this behind you. Good Luck, we have all been there and know what you are going through. It sucks, but it is needed.... - Chris.

Comment

tearfull

Hi Maxi, hang in there - please !! Go see your GP for help (Topamax)? The Kudzo you buy here is said to be the very best, it is the only one I have used and I find it incredible, even forgot to think about alcohol one day ???? Ok I remembered that I had forgotton but that wasn't til I was nearly in bed, amazing stuff. The folks here have been through anything and everything that you want to talk about, there will always be someone who can help or even just empathise with anything. Cravings are the pits, try to read some old posts on here, honestly it will take you hours to plough through, it is addictive in itself and much less harmful that booze. Let us know how you are doing.

L
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
                    X