Day two od DETOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day two od DETOX

This is the worst detox I have ever been through. Pretty uncomfortable. Sleep is a mere dream at this point. Wake-up pouring sweat. Want to drunk, but the thought also makes me want to vomit. I holding in there. Head is pounding too. I know if I can get 7 straight days I will feel like a human again and can do this. Its rough right now though.
    AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Day two od DETOX

Three hours sleep total and all interrupted. Not sweating but cold and stomach is in knots.

Comment

Day two od DETOX

gettinitright, lack of sleep has been the hardest part for me. I get so frustrated from it, it is one of the excuses I use to go back to drinking. They have a lot of natural sleep aids such as Alteril, Unisom Natural, and also just plain Unisom which isn't natural but a chemical. One thing that has helped me quite a bit are sleep cds. They tend to quiet my mind. Good luck and before too long sleep will return. Drinking until you pass out/fall asleep is not really sleep.

Comment

Day two od DETOX

Sending energy your way gettinitright.

Comment

Day two od DETOX

I know the cycle well. I really am tired of it though. Time to stay sober and live not just exist. Sleep is the biggest and hardest part of detoxing. My mind races all night long. Hopefully, soon!

Comment

Day two od DETOX

Hang in there, Gettingitright! You're going through the worst of it now. Can you manage to eat something? Drink some water, tea. Keep posting and reading here-- as much as you can handle. You'll be able to sleep this evening and will already be feeling a bit better tomorrow morning.:l Hold tight!

Comment

Day two od DETOX

Are you still cold? Do you have a warm water bottle? Just try to be gentle with yourself-- I know it's so difficult-- but try to treat yourself like you would a very sick friend. Take care--and join us in the Newbies Nest-- do you know it? A great, very supportive group of people who understand where you are.

Comment

Day two od DETOX

I am able to hold down water and I think I will be able to eat some this morning. Sweats and chills have only been at night the past two nights. During the day I don't have them. Today I'm 48 hrs, but it will be my third night at bedtime. Last time I detoxed I recall day 3-5 got easier. This has been my worst detox ever though. I was primarily drinking vodka and a bottle per day. Ugh!!

Comment

Day two od DETOX

Keep on keeping on gettinright......keep kicking that AL beast in the face long enough, and even he will get tired of it, and stop bothering you!

/insert boxing glove smiley here
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day two od DETOX

Thank you all! I'm sure given it a whirl.

Comment

Day two od DETOX

Good to hear! Do keep us posted. I found that reading and posting and reading and posting, for hours on end sometimes, really helped me to get a bit of a base. Having the support of others, coming here to bitch and moan or to read about what others have been struggling with helped to keep me on the straight and narrow. I read on another thread that you had 2 years! That's a great amount of time-- so you know how it's done! And you can do it! Sometimes getting back in the game can be overwhelming-- please continue to reach out for help.:l

Comment

Day two od DETOX

Life change, TY,I know how it's done and this is the worst one I have ever endured. Anxiety is a huge issue for me in detox. I know what it is and recognize it. I will get through this. I have no AL in the house. Been cleaning all morning for exercise and to keeps mind busy.

Comment

Working...
                        X