What have you bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have you bought?

Fan had a great idea in another post...what can you spend your alcohol money on...make a list and stick to it when you feel the desire to buy the bottle of whatever...PLUS, alot of this stuff will need my newly found extra time.

Here's my list:
    TV hanger thingy for my daughters wall
    New bathroom fixtures (just remodeled, still need the little things though)
    re-paint my diningroom
    re-paint my doors and shutters of my house...tired of hunter green
    put in a koi pond

What have you bought?

Great thread LUA, hmmm, things I will buy instead of alcohol... Ok then to start small, for everyday AF i will buy myself a magazine or a fancy pair of tights, or something delicious for my tea/supper/dinner (depending on where you live - evening meal). For one week AF I will buy myself.... oh the list could go on and on here... a new hairstyle, get my nails 'done', a deep tissue massage, ........... Come on, we can do better than this effort !!!

Lorna
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

What have you bought?

I have a major addiction to nice linens, and I just saw in Versailles today a beautiful set by Yves Delorey, so I bought them... this will cover my 30 day dry spell.

Comment

What have you bought?

I kind of think I would like to treat myself to something small for everyday i'm AF. I need to think about this one, its a very good idea. I think it will boost self-esteem. when I did 34 days AF, i looked at myself more in the mirror, searching for changes! I made more of an effort with my makup and clothes. that in itself is a nice 'me' feeling.. When i blew it big time, i could not stand to even look at my eyes in the mirror...But now....I'm feeling good. I like this post LUVUALL. Thanks. Bella xx

Comment

What have you bought?

Shoes, I know how many pairs do you need? my Husband always asks; is there such a thing as to many shoes.? Am redecorating my formal L/R and having to buy my in laws a house. All fun except for the last part
          Mary

Comment

What have you bought?

with the money I'm saving I could buy out Trump soon!
            I'm a gadget nut...addict really. Looooove neat gizmos, especially if they are hi-tech or kitchen related.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

What have you bought?

Yes, Determinator!
              I need a new lemon squeezer! The enamel is chipping off mine -- I use it a bunch. That is the gadget I will buy when I reach 100 days Yeah, it seems small for 100 days, but I don't need much else now that I have brand new running shoes! I do seem to have plenty of time for shopping now that I'm not wasting time hungover - yay.
              Mama T.
              Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

What have you bought?

OK defo NOT a new wine opener...... Defo not a new bottle opener,..... Defo not a new ..................... Glass!!!!
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

What have you bought?

I might buy a new lemon!

:-O

Comment

What have you bought?

I'm with simey, it's shoes ....... Or knee length boots ......
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

What have you bought?

With all the money saved so far, it would help to buy my new liver,

Thanks friends, you really are the BEST, lol

hi guys

Comment

What have you bought?

I bought some new makeup online today- and nothing for bags or circles under my eyes
                        because they don't seem to be there anymore!!!

I also got a real cute new haircut last week and spent twice as much as I usually do.
                        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

What have you bought?

Get this... Mr Doo is quitting smoking today. He still drinks but is one of the lucky people who can take it or leave it. I digress.... I gave up the fags 2 weeks ago, saving us $300 a month. He's giving up which will save us another $300 a month. With my non-alcohol buying, at say $10 a bottle of red, consuming a minimum of 7 bottles a week (that's minimum 50 standard drinks a week! Bad-Bad-Bad) that's another $300 a month.

We will now have $900 a month extra!

We're putting a spa in our garden and re landscaping the garden (Balinese inspired design for great meditations) so we'll be putting that money towards that. WoooHoo!

Doo
                          :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

What have you bought?

Touch Screen Monitor for my son. I am trying to find one that doesn't cost over $1000
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

What have you bought?

I love SCOOBY DOO! My daugther obsesses over Scooby so watch out if you see her on your front step.
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X