Important about amino acids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this originally as a question to RJ but it occurred to me that you guys might not read it and I want you to because its important!

I have been doing some research on amino acid therapy in the treatment of addiction and I am AMAZED at the role it can play in minimizing cravings, and the effects of withdrawal etc. In fact, I myself have been feeling much less cravings etc. lately and I think it is because I have really been dedicating myself to the amino acids the last couple of weeks

I highly recommend a book entitled "Staying Clean and Sober" by Marlene Miller MA and David Miller, PH.d. - if you havent tried the amino's I suggest you seriously start looking into this...
    Just a suggestion but i think amino acids are too easily overlooked but can be so key in reducing cravings. All I know is that SOMETHING is working for me, and this is what is different for me lately...
    Love all
    jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

How many amino pills do you take a day...I take 4

Comment

I take 4 for now but I have already left a message for RJ becasue I am wondering if this is enough. The book I am reading says that the usual starting dose is 100mg of each amino per day - I just dont know how much of each amino these are. And often people go up from there. The amino complete just says "take 4 capsules one or more times per day" which I just noticed last night, so I am wondering if I am taking enough. BY THE WAY you should be taking them (a) with a multi vitamin because it helps absorption (I always take mine with the multivitamin I purchased from this site and (b) on an empty stomach

I will keep you posted.

Comment

Itake all the supps...I have went from a drunk to a true pill popping machine! I feel GOOD!!!

Comment

I know - I love it!

Comment

Thanks for the tip, this is something else I need to buy. Do you guys have a reccomended brand?

I need all the help I can get!!!

Comment

I buy everything on this site....they are formulated for our problem

Comment

My gosh, I take 2000mg 3x's a day. If these build muscle. Damn, I'm going to be huge. I am starting weight training again this week and tend to build muscle quickly. Can we say amazon?
                Laughs
                Mar

Comment

Mar are you talking about the L-Glut?

Comment

Yep, I am. I take Bluebonnet brand I get at the health food store. L- glut helps muscle development and repair after a workout. But it sure takes away the cravings. I haven't done weights since I broke my hand last August. Think I'm trying to get out of it.
                    smiles
                    mar

Comment

I know, it REALLY helps with cravings, I have found. I take 2000 mg first thing in the morning with the other aminos (on an empty stomach) then I take another 1000mg in the evening - it works so great, I am thinking of upping it to 2000mg after work. I love it that much!

Comment

I wasn't able to take the all-one powder and it included the aminos, so I got busy and did a little research. Someone on this site reccomended doctors.trust.com for sups at a resonable price. This is where I buy my l-glutamine, clams forte, and amino compound. I compared the potency and it is very close to what is recomended. It certainly is helping with my cravings. I also had to stop the topa thus needed these all the more. So far so good. Liz
                        :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Working...
                        X