Tea Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea Party

I am so stressed out...today is my mother-law's 70th celebration Tea. Not so worried about the tea part as I am about the people I have not seen since rehab. I really should not go, but it is so important for her and I have to let my problems fall aside.:new:
    :h

Tea Party

Cleo, put on your favorite outfit the one that makes you feel great. Your best face and go and be proud of yourself. Are you afraid of insensitive remarks or temptation? You have overcame a great deal. Don't let this tea scare you!
    Hugs
    mar

Comment

Tea Party

Cleo,
      At least her drink of choice is tea and not whisky! Smile, dress pretty, and tell everyone they look lovely. You can do this. Get thru this, strengthen your muscles of discipline, and you can live happy & healthy to 70 as well.
      Let us know how it goes!
      DX
      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Tea Party

Cleo,

I believe that 70 year olds have not gotten to where they are in life without having experienced their own challenges, temtations, and struggles. Maybe that is why they are so wise, loving and understanding -in most cases :bigwink:.

It is wonderful that it is so important to her that you be there. What an honor. That is what I would keep in mind any time you start to feel a little uneasy.

The other thing I would remember, is how glad you are that you have gone through rehab and that you are here, and not back there. Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. You deserve alot of credit. I'm glad you are here! Welcome. :h

Best
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Tea Party

Cloe - sometimes we need to do things for ourselves and other times for others - 70 years old is a great innings and you should go and celebrate with her - she needs you and you need her. Enjoy the tea and create good memories these are the things that get you through the bad times.
          Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

Tea Party

Grin and bare it girl....part of recovery is coming out of our hiding spot!!!

Comment

Tea Party

Ditto all the above,

Get dressed, deep breaths, go for it, you have earned the right to hold your head up high xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Tea Party

And if anyone is judgemental or gets smart...tell them you forgot your meds today...BE CAREFUL....LOL

Comment

Tea Party

I spent two days deciding what to wear. Husband rejected my idea of buying someting new. At his Father's 75th I got so drunk & cannot have a repeat. Just want took nice and feel the EYES are on me all the time.

Comment

Tea Party

As for the Tea Party..it is my sister-law who will be there. She made it quite clear she wants nothing to do with me...even though we drank together. Then she got pregnant and the outlook changed.

One hour before my stepmother comes to take me to the Tea.

Comment

Tea Party

gotto go get out of my sweats & put on "nice clothes"

thank you all

Comment

Tea Party

Cleo good luck and the hell with your sis-in-law.
                        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Tea Party

I second Happycamper...

Comment

Working...
                          X