Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid things we say to kids

my 9 year old has just come in pleading for more time to play
    i said no we said 7 and thats it he said but but but so i said dont but me you are not a goat
    then its dont look at me in that tone of voice. it made me laugh cos i could here my own mum saying stupid sayings, such as if the wind changes your face will stick like that.

My Mom "stop crying before I give you something to cry about" HUH???
    Mar

Comment

come in before you catch your death err HOW ?

Comment

"do you want a spanking"...who the hell WANTS one????? Has anyone (okay any CHILD...I know you perverts) ever said YES???? LMAO

Comment

Eat that children are starving in Africa

Comment

I wasn't offering any whippens up, okay! LOL...see I told ya there'd be a perv amongst us...HA HA HA

Comment

If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!

Comment

You mean you can't run with broken legs????

Comment

I have with very wobbly legs - generally to get to booze more quickly!
                  But not tonight! Not for thirty!!

Comment

My mother, when really flustered at the dinner table, "Don't chew with food in your mouth!" a little confused there mum? :nutso: I believe it is - "Don't talk with food in your mouth."
                    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

i once shouted at one of my older boys dont talk with your mouth full he said its not full theres a bit of room up here and opened his mouth yuk

Comment

The other beauty my mother came out with regularly was "I'll take my hand off your face!"
                        Wouldn't have whacking it on been more effective?

Comment

I will slap the taste out of your mouth......

Our parents are violent...no wonder we drink...LOL

Comment

These are 2 true stories that happened to the same child of mine.
                            My husband said "Chase, get out of that tree before you fall out and break your arm."
                            Well sure enough the kid fell out of that tree and broke his arm. Of course I didn't witness him fall out the tree and he said he fell off the dock so he wouldn't get in trouble. Two years later he came to me and said "Mom, I can't keep a secret anymore but that time I broke my arm I feel out of tree when dad told me to get out."

Then another time he got of of the pool and was running and I said "Walk, your going to fall and break a tooth." Yep, the kid feel and broke half of his permanent tooth that was coming in and he was going to be in wedding in 2 weeks. We needed to go to the dentist for an emergency tooth fix.

Comment

My favorite is when I was a teenager my Mom would say Your going to turn around and bite your own ass. ??? I think she meant I was self destructive I'm still not sure

Comment

Working...
                              X