• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid things we say to kids

dont care was made to care

Comment

When my brother was about 11 years old he told my mum and dad he was leaving home he had, had enough so my dad said "you can go in what you came into the world with (which was nothing) and i'll lend you the underpants" and he put him outside the front door in his underpants....my brother was not impressed and came back in the house....crying i'm sorry...now i think about it, it was quite funny
      Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

My Mother's favourite was

"do you want a clip round the ear?"

MMMM, yes please Mum!!!

Raoul - your
        "I'LL TAK MA HAUN' AFF YOUR FACE (or HEID or LUG or ERSE)"
        are expressions I heard many times as a kid!

Satori
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Can't never could.
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

GG;123881 wrote: "I'll smack the face right off yah!"... I have a feeling that would really really hurt.
            :H :H :H :H
            :h :h :h :h

Comment

I go through all five kids names, till i get the right one....and they just stand there grinning....then i can't tell them off because 1. i can't remember what for and 2. i too busy laughing...

Comment

During my teens my me and my stepmum would have some rows. It was the classic, I wanted to do something because my friends mum lets her. So my mum would reply if you're friend jumped off a cliff would you jump after her? Well maybe!!! And the times she realised she had acted hastily she would never admit she was wrong but just say "you should not question/challenge what I've said to you. I'm your mum, I deserve respect, don't talk back".

My dad was the one I was scared of because I knew I'd get a more than just a clip round the ear. So when dad used to shout at me I used to look at the floor. (Never dared to answer him back). Then dad uses to say "look at me when I'm talking to you" and when I used to look at him he used to say "don't you look at me like that".

Comment

My dad was the one I was scared off because I knew I'd get a more than just a clip round the ear. So when dad used to shout at me I used to look at the floor. (Never dared to answer him back). Then dad uses to say "look at me when I'm talking to you" and when I used to look at him he used to say "don't you look at me like that".

Lotus my dad used to say that to me.....I've just been laughing my head off....because i just realised i say that to my kids..

Comment

see with us we get "Sunday named" so we know were in trouble Kelli-Marie, Richard Andrew, Luke David and James Andrew...even the dogs get Sunday Named now...Kaye (mother...)was yelling at my dog cos she was being naughty and called her Dolly Marie?! yes Kaye yes...

my favourite was "i'll knock you from here to timbuctoo if you carry on"
                    http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/addicted to living again

Comment

When I was a kid we would get what we called the "one syllable slaps". For every syllable that came out of my dad's mouth, the hand landed on your butt/head/arm/hand/whatever. "I (slap) thought (slap) I (slap) told (slap) you (slap) no (slap)!"
                      Thankfully when he was mad he was a man of few words.
                      Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Rather graphic, but my mom would said she'd rip off my arm and beat me senseless. Dad's was "I'll knock you clear into next week!" Always liked that mental image of sliding on a calendar. (P.S. Neither were physically abusive, just colorful with the threats.)

Comment

Working...
                        X