Clear All

Mollruss, how are you?

Just thinking about you.....

Mollruss, how are you?

Me, too, Mollruss!:d :d

Comment

Mollruss, how are you?

awe you are so supportive!

I have just returned from docs now and feel so discouraged. I went armed with realms of information (the lancet printout, book and other printouts etc), and after initially admitting I had a problem he told me 'well done' for acknowledging I have a problem but not to take any notice of what is on the internet and have I not thought of attending a local AA meeting, which would just be totally out of the question for me. However, I did tell him that I wish to pursue the MWO programme and I don't just feel, I KNOW this can work for me and he replied that he couldn't prescribe that medication if he wanted to (no explanation of why) but he would have to refer me to Drug & Alcohol Team (much to my horror as I work alongside some of these councellors in my line of work!) if I want this prescription - looks like this is UK procedure for prescribing this kind of medication. I have accepted that I will see someone though (even if I know them) as being on other medication I would like to be supervised whilst taking the meds and having ordered the supps, cd's - want to try the programme as a whole (don't want to do without the meds).

Came in from the docs and was a little tearful, desperate to go to shop and buy a bottle (or 2) of wine but logged on here instead -everyone on here keeping me going completely - couldn't be doing this without you all. Hope you guys are doing okies and Jen hope your having a better day today.

Just off to tackle the weeks in my garden and try keep a busy girl xx luv to you all x Moll

Comment

Mollruss, how are you?

WEEDS I mean! Gosh, that's without a drink - no hope lol

Comment

Mollruss, how are you?

Hang in there Moll! I guess in the UK it's harder to Rx off label. You can order online perhaps as the next step if you want. I'm glad that you are doing something positive like pulling your "weeks"!:lol

You will prevail!

Hugs,
          Kathy

Comment

Mollruss, how are you?

Lol - we've gotta laught haven't we!!

Well, I intend to prevail - if not successful in obtaining meds here in UK will order online, just be more convenient, not just financially, but would have felt safer being prescribed medication under the wing of my doctor - but will see - thing is if referral through Drug and Alcohol Team takes time, I don't know if I want to wait - I'm so keen to get on, am sick of being best friends with the bottle - don't want to play anymore and it still calls round for me most nights.

Hope your doing okies, thank for your support and sending you loads back - thing that keeps me going knowing others are going through same as myself.

Moll xx

Comment

Mollruss, how are you?

Mollruss, how are you?

Hi,
              I've got to tell you that everytime I read your name I think of something soft, furry and cuddly. Something one buys in the stuffed toy department of a kiddy store. Don't know why that is.
              Anyway, you will do fine. I came here 16 days ago and could not afford the supplements or drugs, but I had absolutely had it with my addiction. So I whiteknuckled it and it is getting better everyday. I feel I have to be totally abs for a very long time before I can even think of drinking in moderation. I have had a glass of diluted Chardonnay on the 2 sundays past. Needed to go back to my Perrier in the evening and I am drinking gallons of peppermint tea from noon on. That way I am never as dehydrated as I used to be. I could never have done it were it not for the honest and open posts that I read here and the fact that I was not alone in my misery.
              It is so amazing what a little (a lot) of support from my sisters and brothers has helped me accomplish.
              Have got to go to bed.
              ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))Lori

Comment

Working...
              X