I cant keep a secret ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant keep a secret ?

All my life everybody has said dont tell him any secrtets he cant keep them, my answers was I got none of my own so dont tell me yours, I am well known for being a chatterbox. Yet I have never spoken to anyone about my drinking problem or that I am taking AB and no one knows I use this forum I delete all excitence of it when I log out. This is so out of character for me that I am like this. Using this forum is a real release to share my thoughts with others who understand and dont judge but only give advice fronm the experiences. I have come to think to really conquer my problem I need to talk with others such as in a group like AA. I will find this a real struggle at first but feel if I push myself to share this I will set my hidden demons to rest. Does anybody have any advice on this ?
    Its easier not to start than stop

I cant keep a secret ?

If AA is a route you want to take, go for it. Everyone there is just like you. They are alcoholics too.
    AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

I cant keep a secret ?

gmc - I never told anybody about MWO for the first few months I was here. I too had secrets. I think all alkies do. We get so good at hiding that part of our life (or at least trying to) that we forget how to be honest. Truthfully, I still am not completely open about my drinking. It could cause me great damage in certain areas of my life - my career being the biggest - so I come to MWO and get the support I need. I'm not sure that is a bad thing. I have finally told a few people about this site and how much it means to me. But only those I really trust.

Not sure if this is the advice you are looking for. As far as AA, I have never tried it. It doesn't appeal to me because of my basic personality. I'm not good in that type of situation. However, many people here have posted success stories. So what the heck - give it a try.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

I cant keep a secret ?

I kinda dont want any "real life"people to know about my being on mwo,ive posted lots of dirty secrets here plus i went on a drunken rampage a few months ago on one of my threads,i like having this as my secret place,however if anyone stumbled across me and put two and two together,the heck with it,im healing and thats all i really care about
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I cant keep a secret ?

Pauly - that's exactly how I feel. I would have been horrified early on if anyone had figured it out, but now, blah!! Whatever. Plus, if they are lurking on MWO - they have secrets of their own, right. LOL.
          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

I cant keep a secret ?

MossRose;1569387 wrote: my career being the biggest
            I'm always careful about those kinds of things. You're right not to trust many people, because quite frankly, they can't be trusted! Trust is something that is earned, so until somebody earns your trust, don't give it to them .
            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

I cant keep a secret ?

paulywogg;1569404 wrote: I kinda dont want any "real life"people to know about my being on mwo,ive posted lots of dirty secrets here plus i went on a drunken rampage a few months ago on one of my threads,i like having this as my secret place,however if anyone stumbled across me and put two and two together,the heck with it,im healing and thats all i really care about
              Lol, that's so something i would have done at one stage!
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

I cant keep a secret ?

gmc I think it really helps to open up, whether it's here or with someone you trust or an AA meeting. No harm in trying one out, see how you feel. Good luck and keep us posted!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

I cant keep a secret ?

Although AA is a great way of people meeting up and sharing there problems the 12 steps and religious side of it puts me off. I would like somewhere where you do meet up and share your problems but also go out and do things that dont involve drinking as well, this could help to educate people that there is things to do that dont include getting smashed. Does anybody know of a group like this? Instesd of AA that I could google pls

Comment

I cant keep a secret ?

AlthoughI saying that I have neve been so should not judge them really, its just w
                    hat I ve read

Comment

I cant keep a secret ?

gmc38609;1569496 wrote: Although AA is a great way of people meeting up and sharing there problems the 12 steps and religious side of it puts me off. I would like somewhere where you do meet up and share your problems but also go out and do things that dont involve drinking as well, this could help to educate people that there is things to do that dont include getting smashed. Does anybody know of a group like this? Instesd of AA that I could google pls
                      gmc, I was very much the same as you. I thought it was going to be all Big Book, 12 steps, God etc. I have been to four meetings now and none of them have been like that. The people are wonderfully warm and welcoming and it's really more about the fellowship and being able to share with people who know exactly where you're coming from. Give them a call, what do you have to lose?
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
                      X