Baclofen Major problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen Major problems

Having been a marathon runner and PE teacher I got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome after running a marathon some time after a severe case of glandular fever. Tried a lot of medications for CFS,none worked. Alcohol was the only thing that dampened the CFS. Then that became a big problem. Have been on Baclofen now for5 weeks, no drinking but diastrous SEs....Huge side effects : Extreme fatigue can barely function at all. Muscles aching and weak.
    Short term memory and ability to concentrate virtually non existent, confusion?. dreadful. Very worrying, especially if permanent
    Vision blurred, eyes burning and itchy
    Persistent cough, leading to dry retching and vomiting. Nausea
    Severe sleep disturbance, insomnia
    Night sweats and chills
    Anxiety and depression,zonked out
    Ongoing sneezing and a runny nose Other symptoms that have arisen since increased Baclofen dose increased from 5mg to 10mg/3 times a day
    Dissociative type of symptoms that I never had prior to Baclofen
    Feeling disconnected from self
    Problems with handling intense emotions
    Sudden and unexpected shifts in mood ? for example, feeling very sad
    Depression and anxiety problems.

Dont know what to do.

Baclofen Major problems

Hey Jaxon,
    there is a section here for meds-- Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums
    but it sounds like you should get some help where you are living-- I don't have any experience with Bac, but you should go to your doctor, or even the hospital with so many symptoms. Please take care-- don't let this go too long.

Comment

Baclofen Major problems

Thanks a lot lifechange. I really appreciate it, especially the bit about "not letting this go too long."
      Each day is very hard. There seems to be a diversity of views here about baclofen

Comment

Baclofen Major problems

Yes, I can imagine there are many different views regarding the meds-- I wish I could help. Keep us posted with how you are doing!

Comment

Baclofen Major problems

jaxon,

I second what lifechange says. I post on the medical thread and I am on baclofen. If you are taking baclofen under a doctor's care please call and report your symptoms. If you are doing it on your own this is my thought: If I was doing this on my own and had these symptoms at a low dose of 30 mgs at 5 weeks in I would slowly titrate myself off of baclofen. This is my thought. It's not medical advice as I'm not a prescribing doctor.

There are other ways to get sober that will be a better match for you. Come on over to the med thread if you want more opinions as most people there don't read the threads here. Good luck.

Comment

Baclofen Major problems

Thanks a lot kronkcarr. I've told my doc how much the bac is knocking me. He just said to persist. But it is too lousy for me, I appreciate your advice, & had already started titrating down. Hopefully the symptoms, will lessen soon. I hope to see you on the med thread

Comment

Working...
            X