therapy options in sydney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was wondering what kinds of therapy people in sydney use for alcoholism? what therapy do you have? and where do you get it?
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Wish I could help! I'm having a time finding help here.
    AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Neophyte, I'm in Sydney, but only just moved here this year. I tend to rely pretty much on MWO for my "therapy" ..... and please feel free to post in the "Down Under" thread which is made up of people from Australia and NZ plus some regular international visitors.

However, I also did a bit of a search when I first got here and was thinking about whether I might choose to get support from another source. There is of course AA and I'm sure there are meetings all over the place. But there is also Smart Recovery in Australia, which is another approach.
      SMART Recovery Australia?|?

It sort of depends on what stage you are at in terms wanting to stop or being able to stop - on a continuum from rehab at one end to advice and support at the other. Where do you think you are at??

If you want to go down the group counselling/talking therapy type approach, someone told me that St John of God health services have a good reputation in terms of working with alcoholics and drug addicts.

There are also quite a few individual therapists that do counselling.

LAstly, NSW Health has a "Get Healthy" service where you can get 10 free phone based "coaching" sessions. The web site is targetted at healthy eating and getting more physically active, but also deal with alchol-related issues.
      https://www.gethealthynsw.com.au/

anyway, there's a couple of suggestions and I wish you well in your journey :welcome:
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
      X