Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood alcohol six times the legal limit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this out......scary

Ex-cop caught driving with .47 blood alcohol level | KOMO-TV - Seattle, Washington | News
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

:wow: I didn't know that was possible!
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Read this earlier

That is pretty crazy. I once tested at .314, and I was out of it. Can't imagine somebody walking with a count that high.
      where does this go?

Comment

She needs to find MWO!
        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

ScoobyDoo;124647 wrote: She needs to find MWO!
          haha. Nuff said. :H
          where does this go?

Comment

Doesn't phase me b/c the longer you drink the more you build up tolerance for it. It's a sneaky disease. W
            When I first started my journey (4yrs ago) to beat my demon I went to detox myself overnight into the hospital-walked in-remember everything-blood test showed .46. I had a huge tolerance for alcohol back then & I was a functioning one. That night in the hospital makes me sad b/c everyone walked by my room & just whispered-no one checked on me, they just let me sleep it off-which I couldn't cause I was shaking all night. Finally at 1 in the morning someone came in & asked if I wanted something to eat. In the morning I wanted out.

oh-Dr. said that if I was a "normal" person I would have been in an alcoholic coma. Enough said.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

SeaBreez, you're right

I had to go to DUI classes. We were all talking about our BAC, and the instructor mentioned he had a woman that was a .6. Everybody said, "no way, she'd be dead!!" He explained she was a horrible alcoholic, and most people could never get that high. Thank God the body is so amazing, or I think a lot of us wouldn't be here right now.
              where does this go?

Comment

I did not think you could live with a BAC a 3-4 but then again I think there have been times my BAC was that high if I had been tested. It just sounds so dangerously high.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

absolutely insane. it's amazing how the human body can adjust itself to such self punishment.
                  the hangover that woman must have had the next day :P
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

when I went to the clinic my BAC was almost .30 the NEXT MORNING! yowch. hey if you're going to do something...do it well.

er. um. anyway...
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

i can not believe he was alive.....25 is considered alcohol poisoning.

Comment

Yes, I've heard 4.0 plus is coma stage. Normal drinkers pass out, I think at about 1.8, but steady drinkers/alcoholics build up an amazing tolerance. Unreal, Lushy.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

As I said earlier, my tolerance was so built up by that time. The next morning I do recall having such bad shakes (due to my body needing more alcohol in order to keep such a high tolerance) that the nurse had such a hard time keeping my arm still in order to get blood before I left. They wanted to make sure the BA went down & like Deter was still high the next morning.

The body is indeed amazing. To think I was coherent, spoke to everyone (ask my hubby who was there), basically acted like I was hungover, yet there have been times when in the past I have passed out not remembering how or when i got to bed. Imagine the BA then. Sad.....thanx God for angels over me.
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Seabreez... that is incredible. You are so lucky and you must be so happy to be managing it better now. I'm not sure if you're ABS or MODS but you're obviously doing something right now.

Doo
                            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Thanx Doo....

Doing Abs-tried convincing myself for 4 yrs that I could do mods. After the hospital stunt I tried one more year after that that I could still manage only weekends, which I did......for awhile....then that turned to an occassional in between.....and well....back to binge drinking all over again(2 weeks on 2 weeks off)..... So the next 4 yrs I tried everything under the God given sun to quit. 120 AF today.

Comment

Working...
                              X