IP Rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Rehab

Had 5 days and blew it. I cant seem to get my head around it. I KNOW what to do, I am just not getting there. I really am considering IP rehab. Like a 30 day program. I am so sick of being sick!!! Any thoughts on a IP program? I have literally tried everything under the sun.
    AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

IP Rehab

I tell my daughter I think I need IP rehab and she's pissed at me. She said I'm never getting better and if I wanted to I could stop.

Comment

IP Rehab

People in the US will be able to give better advice on IP rehab.
      We don't usually have that option here in New Zealand - there are very few IP rehab facilities and its not an option under our health care.

You can become sober and you should never give up.
      Even with IP care you can't stay there forever - but maybe the break there will give you the space to really commit to this - receive the counselling and support.

I am interested also to hear other people's views on IP care.

be kind to yourself - and on this one - your daughter is wrong. Its not just willpower and you need support (not necessarily IP) - as well as an inner commitment to kick the beast.

Best wishes and good luck (although its not luck is it?)

Comment

IP Rehab

:l Gettin:l

First of all, great job on posting. You are doing the right thing in reaching out to your friends here- we all understand!
        I am so sorry about your daughter's words to you- she just does not understand. We all have family members and friends that respond this way and it is very hurtful. The MWO group knows that these words are not true. If you did not want to quit, you would not be posting here or considering going to IP rehab.
        I, personally have not used IP rehab at this point, but I know it has helped many people. I am sure someone who can give you more info on it will be on soon to help give you some insight.. I just wanted to respond to let you know that we all understand your situation and are here for you anytime you need us...
        :h Star
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

IP Rehab

Thank you both. I want to quit. I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do to prevent a relapse again. I had good sober time in. (2yrs) my daughter doesn't understand. Plus, she's sick of seeing me sick and failing. I get her comment. To her it seems easy because she's not an alcoholic.

Comment

IP Rehab

If you can afford the time and the money....DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Do it before you smash your car and get a DUI like I did......
            Ihave heard nothing but positive about rehab....I go to therapy and that 100% focus on me nd my issue is so good for me....
            HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

IP Rehab

Oh Mama, I already did that. I have tried so many things. Financing it is an issue. I have some calls out on some that aren't as costly as others.

Comment

IP Rehab

Al is such an issue here in our state that it is very hard to get help. We are number three in the US for alcoholism. Waiting lines at all the ip facilities I called today. I'm sober and I will find help.

Comment

IP Rehab

Aww gettinitright,i feel for you i know how hard youre trying for some reason that fifth days been trippin you up,im scared my kids think the same of me thats why im trying extra hard this time not to have the whatever day trip up,you can do this! just keep trying,never give up,whatever itntakes to get and staynsober
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

IP Rehab

I'm not giving up because if I do I mine as well crawl in a coffin. I'm not ready to do that. I'm going to get this again. I know where I fell, just figuring out how yo get back where I was. Life is tough. But, ALmakes it 100 times worse. My daughters words hurt but I do understand them.

Comment

IP Rehab

Ive thought of that too,my last bender was so bad i truly didnt care if i made it out alive,i never want to feel so helpless and hopeless AGAIN! i just keep telling myself if i drink again itll surely be my end
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

IP Rehab

Spent a good part of the day researching rehab programs. My God it takes an act of congress and a million dollars. Regrouping. I did it before with Antabuse, MWO, and getting active at church. I will do it again.

Comment

IP Rehab

How are you doing? Just reading this now and thinking of you.

Comment

IP Rehab

hi gettinitright

I am currently in a 28 day rehab program..... all I can say it is important to get into the right one.... I am in a privately owned..that welcomes wellness, mindful thinking, self care....it is almost like a retreat.......I am also doing the 12 steps of aa, yoga, meditation, have onsite councelors, therapists, doctors and psychiatrist..........I know my life will be changed by this journey..........embrace it...as it is only 28 days.........but do your homework..........
                            You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

IP Rehab

also........if you can look into your benefits at work to see if they would support such a program.......mine did......so I came not having to produce one penny.........worth looking into your work's health and wellness......
                              You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

Working...
                              X