Clear All

No way November

Thanks, Nora. Hope you are well.

Comment

No way November

Tom and quake way to go!

Comment

No way November

Thanks Tom, Lizann & Norah. Still going strong.
        Sometimes I think about drinking, but I really don't want to because I don't like how it tastes or makes me feel. It's strange - like I've basically lost my taste for alcohol, and even if I wanted to, it'd take a lot of hard work and perseverance to drink again. Not sure how I feel about it, really, you think you'd be happy that it's become pretty easy. But maybe it was never really about the taste, anyway.
        Hope you're all still No-Waying your way through November

Comment

No way November

Still no-waying. Some days tougher than others but moving forward. I was thinking about how important it is to really savor the good days- but not get fat on them, to keep working, stay vigilant to be better prepared when things aren't so. It's a lesson I am glad I learned and will put it into practice. It gets frustrating sometimes when we don't see immediate results for all the work we put into this but I think it's like putting money in the bank to draw on when we need it. So get to work, lol. I plan to.

The future you have, tomorrow, won't be the same future you had, yesterday.”
          ― Chuck Palahniuk, Rant

Comment

No way November

November is a sober month for me, and once again I've not had a AF November for around 19 or 20 years.
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

No way November

Way to go UK - GREAT!!!!!
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

No way November

Hey UK, Nora and all

Good going, UK - and we're half way through the month!

Hope everyone's still going strong,,,,

Comment

No way November

Hi Quake - I'm still going. I've been on shaky ground a little bit. But, I'm still going.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

No way November

Shaky, schamy, Nora C...just jump under a sturdy table, hold on tight and wait for it to pass. It always does
                    Great to hear you are still hang in' on in there. Me too. Despite the bedlam of my life. Is it thanksgiving there soon?

Comment

No way November

Still here, still saying no thanks. Is easy today. But I dunno about tomorrow. And all the Christmas celebrations coming up. I really only meant to do Sober October, and now no Way November. Part of me wonders why on earth I would ever start again. Especially since I genuinely don't like the taste or that out of control feeling, any more. I like being grounded and sure and reliable and solid. But I definitely miss some of the things drinking gave me, the fast track to relaxation. The warm glow. The sense of togetherness with other people. Whether it is worth the price, though...that is the question. Anyway. I am sober for today. Have been, pretty much, for 6 weeks now - with the odd minor diversion. A glass or 2 here and there, a handful of times. I think I want to just keep on riding it out.

Comment

No way November

:bump:

Ok - Where are our No Way November buddies????? I'm still here. Come on everybody........who is not going to drink today????

Hey Quake - I understand what you are saying! I've been having so many thoughts too. Even had a nightmare about it. But, like you say - just for today, I am not drinking. :l
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

No way November

Hi Norah / good to have company. I drank at dinner last night, three glasses. Felt like hell today.
                          Back on the wagon. Really can't work out whether I am on or off. I don't want to be a drinker. But I seem to want to drink.

Comment

No way November

Boy, do I understand that! It sure isn't easy is it?!?! It sounds like you have been doing very well though. Hang in there.:l
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

No way November

Hi all,
                              Am back in the States, finally, and with a strong internet connection. First, a huge congrats to Nora and Tom for 60+ days -- you two are rocking, or maybe waltzing, or foxtrotting along.

And Quake, congrats on making it through the funeral AF -- what a major accomplishment.

I posted on "on becoming joyfully AF" that on the last three week consulting gig, I broke down and drank wine. Want to share with you all that it is not worth it. Stay the course. My point is even after 100+ days of AF living, the temptations can be right there. This had been my worst trip since I started this consulting gig -- delayed flights, visa troubles, moving from hotels, work dinners, loneliness. Reality is I succumbed to the complimentary bottle of wine, in large part, because I had not taken an AB in over a week and just wasn't strong enough to say no thank you.

Looked into the abyss, which I guess is something I had to do -- to look at wine one more time and wonder "can I ever be a normal drinker?" I know that this is a process for me, that I have come a long way in the past nine months and that eventually I will reach a point where I don't drink. Period.

I can see it on the horizon, it is not a mirage. Just have to keep walking, steadily, toward my goal.

So, I'm here to remain AF for November and beyond.

Many thanks for your encouragement and love reading about your successes.
                              Free at Last
                              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

No way November

Hey Free - Thank you for that post. Really hit home with me. :l

Has anyone heard from Tom? I haven't seen him around. I hope that he's doing well.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X