Tired of picking myself up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aargh, sometimes it is just hard. I get tired of picking myself up and giving myself the "pep-talk", but I am determined. Today I am feeling a bit deflated... I tried to go AF starting Monday and blew it last night. I think the supps and the CD's have started working, but yesterday I didn't do anyhing. I really need to stay on myself right, no slacking - I have to fight the fight! I have to FIGHT for my sobriety. Like a small child, it needs constant attention - no half measures. So ONWARD I go!
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

It does get hard and it sucks that we have to fight this hard. Everything I have ever gotten in my life that has been worthwhile has been the result of hard work.

But, you know what I found? The more I wanted it, the more I enoyed the process, no matter how hard it was. Hard, or challenging, doesn't mean undesirable.

Keep your eye on the prize - you can do it.

Comment

That's the perfect attitude to fight this fight! :goodjob:

I finally realize that you truly have to commit your body and soul if you want to beat this thing. As with any other support group, you only get out of it what you put into it.
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Thanks WWBarb and AAthelete! I am going to go out and get some exercise today! That is alway sa good way for me to get back some fight!

Oh, AAthete - waxing makes you even faster!!
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I ordered the Topa and it should arrive Monday.. I am hoping that it will give me that little extra in my arsenol.. I no longer have the desire to moderate!

Comment

med, to quote pestident Bush"It's hard worK" But hard work is what built the pyramids the tallest buildings and the great wall. Thinking about things rarely gets them done. You can handle this. It's better to pick yourself up rather than have someone pick you up, literally off the floor. I speak from experience
            take care
            mary

Comment

It is hard, but I know it is worth it. Drinking quiets my soul - makes it sad. Underneath this drinking is a very happy, playful person just waiting to get out!

Comment

With hard work comes a sense of accomplishment and worth. We all need it more than we do a drink. Go do your workout, Mama. I did mine and I feel great.

And, I'm having a Chicago style pizza for lunch - what could be better!!

Comment

we'll help get you up MM...ok, here goes:

get up!!!! get up!!!!! you need to feel good again!!!

ok, I'll stop before I lose my voice
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Its true meditation - one thing i have learned is that we can't be complacent - not for one minute. If we are, we will not win this thing. We have to keep our eyes on the prize at all times and remember how good we feel when we meet our goals.
                    I think you are doing great. Please dont give up.
                    hugs
                    J
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

MM what I have found is I have to take the supps EVERYDAY like I am supposed to or i am screwed. I get tired too. I get tired of cheering myself on and others sometimes, but ya know what...if we don't no one will.

Comment

Good to hear you're back on track MM. I find the meditation in combo with exercise a big stress relief.

Dpp
                        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

I need help
                          :thanks: :h

Comment

Jas - what can we do for you?

Comment

MedMa~

Sobriety ain't for sissies! It's a commitment and once you make it - it's a life changing experience for the better! Making a pro & con list proves it! Just never give up!
                              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X