Army Thread Monday 28th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiptronic_ct;1575152 wrote: What day is being celebrated in Ireland, by the way?
    No. Eye. Deer.

Comment

OK, yiz asked for it, so yiz did!... PAINT JOB! 'Scuse the huge pix, still need to work out how to make them smaller on P.Bucket.

Me colour scheme? The walls in the main part of the house (it's open plan) have got silk wallpaper that was on when I moved in. I'm keeping it as (1) it would be a bugger to do otherwise and (2) it's expensive shit that I couldn't have afforded! I'm matching the rooms up to it now and making the colour scheme "flow". There's plantation shutters on all the windows (also inherited from wealthy previous owners) which are fine except for the kitchen one, but all the doors, trim and base/skirting boards need done as well as the rooms.

So here's the bedroom walls being painted in the lighter shade marked on colour wheel. (Meet Kenny by the way. Well, meet Kenny's backside...)

Doors in progress. (I really WAS working too, tho it doesn't look like it!)

Finished bedroom (try not to look at the hideous furniture... I'm going to replace it some day. I have 5 pieces of that bulky stuff in the room and there's hardly space left for myself. Attack of the killer armoire...) :egad:

Finished doors...

ARE YIZ BORED YET???!!!

When I'm rich and famous I will be hiring a painting firm. And I'll point at things to be painted.

Decided to start in on one of the bathrooms this arvo after all, and Kenny will come over at 4.30 when he gets off work. I'm painting the bathrooms in the darker colour on the swatch. One of his maintenance friends is supposed to help us on Thursday and Saturday (K?s days off).

Comment

I think it looks stunning, Zennie. :goodjob: to you and Kenny.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I'm off to have a nice hot shower and then tuck into a KitKat that just happened to be in my bedside drawer

Maybe see you laters.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenners - :h:h the paintwork - and the doors & EVERYTHING !!!!
            That's the same colour theme I chose for my painting last week ........... all mochas and stuff !

Did I miss where Mrs T was ? Were they not at the doctor's for the mumps ?
            or was that yesterday - Jazus I've just run 2 days in to one .

So were mumps confirmed ?

Who am I ? Where am I ?

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1575163 wrote: I'm off to have a nice hot shower and then tuck into a KitKat that just happened to be in my bedside drawer

Maybe see you laters.
              Take it easy... X (I had a Kit Kat last night, that was on my bedside table for all of 2 seconds before I fanged it.)

Comment

mollyka;1575169 wrote: The gaff looks brilliant Zens --- love the colours, and love those doors btw!!!
                Thank ye! Now that I've started can't wait to get the rest of the paint looking ship-shape.

Comment

satz123;1575175 wrote: Zenners - :h:h the paintwork - and the doors & EVERYTHING !!!!
                  That's the same colour theme I chose for my painting last week ........... all mochas and stuff !

Did I miss where Mrs T was ? Were they not at the doctor's for the mumps ?
                  or was that yesterday - Jazus I've just run 2 days in to one .

So were mumps confirmed ?

Who am I ? Where am I ?
                  Great minds think alike Satzy.

No, he had taken her car... she's housebound for a week. And yes I think the mumps were confirmed but I missed 2 days over the weekend.

Comment

Okies... orf to get stuck into the bathroom. I might catch yiz on the wee lappers later but if not, have a good night's kip... X

Comment

Evening all,

Oh my goodness me, Tipps, so glad you're all right. Here have one of these, I'll be gentle..............

:h the d?cor Zennifer.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

X-post there Molls.

The luvverly Jenz and her BF have arrived in Scotland.........their first hollingday together............ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1575210 wrote: X-post there Molls.

The luvverly Jenz and her BF have arrived in Scotland.........their first hollingday together............ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
                          A tester for them................ahahaha.
                          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Hello there YouKayBee,

Ukblonde;1575235 wrote: A tester for them................ahahaha.
                            She is taking it very, very s.............l................o.............w.... ................l...............y this time.

mollyka;1575238 wrote:
                            ahhh sweet!!!
                            oh gawd, I remember some of my first holidays with Joe ---- stormy would be an understatement!!! but jesus, we were only kids!!! I was younger than Joey is now when I was engaged ---- MAD!!!!! Still tempted to tell Joey to wash his teeth
                            Gawd I was married and divorced by the time I was Jenz age.

Mine and Mr JC's first hollingday was our honeymoon.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quick *wave*

Doing ok here.. getting a little anxious as AA meeting time draws closer. Sigh.

Zenny-butt... LOVE the colours! Love the doors, too! Wanna see more!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

mollyka;1575247 wrote: My first holiday with Joe, I was 18 - we fought all the way round the south of Ireland, culminating in me trying to hitch a lift home from Kinsale at 3AM --- an old priest stopped and insisted on bringing me back to our campsite --- I was RAGING!!!! Hated Joe soooooooo much that holiday --- truly wanted to kill him How we EVER got married after that debacle I will NEVER know!!!!!
                                It must have beeeeeeeeeeeeen lurrrrrrrrrrrve.

sunshine_gg;1575248 wrote:
                                Quick *wave*

Doing ok here.. getting a little anxious as AA meeting time draws closer. Sigh.

Zenny-butt... LOVE the colours! Love the doors, too! Wanna see more!
                                Quick wave back...............you'll be grand. Just think it's like getting on a new horse.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X