Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 28th October

Zenstyle;1575063 wrote: Hewwo troops!

Good to see yiz GG and Mollers! How was the holliers Mollers?

I hear you?re getting bad storms over the pond. Not sure if Scotland got hit but I?m just about to call me Ma so I?m sure I?ll be finding out?

I hope you get your back sorted Sweety? a sore back will put a damper on things every time.

Satzy? you been drinking enough water? I used to do the crackling with the salt rub to remove excess moisture like Mollers does. Can?t get a decent piece of crackling over here tho? :upset:

Yoooo Hoooooo to a?body else!

I spent the weekend masking & painting, moving furniture to enable masking & painting, and cleaning up mess. My bedroom is done though? walls, trim, doors? and the new doors are done both sides plus the trim around them. The new doors took 2 of us from late morning and all afternoon yesterday to do with only a wee break for lunch? noightmare.

Now on to painting the the rest of the house? argh! I might start on my bathroom today if I can muster up the energy.

Any good painters in the Army that fancy a working holiday in Florida?!
    Pork & crackling turned out YUMMY !!!!!! Thanks Mollers !
    Buttered cabbage, turnip and roast spuds mmmmmmm !!

Apple sponge and Vanilla cream for dessert.
    Mother dearest is here on sofa in a coma :H

Comment

Hallo Army

Very grateful to still be here to post. I was involved in a pretty serious car accident ob my way home. Mrs. T's car is a write-off. I'm OK, just sore and still a bit shaken. A truck changed lanes without seeing me and hit the side of the car, which then went into a spin and ended up being banged against the concrete barrier separating the lanes. Also grateful that she wasn't with me - I guess the mumps turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

No kit hen for me tonight. I have a good enough excuse for ordering pizza :H
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1575127 wrote: Hallo Army

Very grateful to still be here to post. I was involved in a pretty serious car accident ob my way home. Mrs. T's car is a write-off. I'm OK, just sore and still a bit shaken. A truck changed lanes without seeing me and hit the side of the car, which then went into a spin and ended up being banged against the concrete barrier separating the lanes. Also grateful that she wasn't with me - I guess the mumps turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

No kit hen for me tonight. I have a good enough excuse for ordering pizza :H
        Jesus Tipps:l where was Mrs T-was she kept in ?
        So sorry - take care of yourself there -:l

Comment

Hi Satz & Molls

I'm literally just glad to be alive and mostly unscathed. Will prolly need physio tomorrow - neck is sore. But yeah, it was a shock to the system. Everyone who assisted were terrific, though. Our insurance company took care of everything, and we'll get a rental car tomorrow so that Mrs. T will still have transport if she needs it - she must stay home all week.

I just feel bad about her car. It was paid off and we had just spent R9000 on a major service and new tyres. Och well... at the end of the day it was just a car. Just damn grateful it was a safe one. The scariest bit was when the window shattered when the truck hit. The rest was like slow motion.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

So sorry to read about your accident Tipps, watch out for delayed shock tomorrow and in the next few days, just glad you're well enough to tell us about it.

Evening all, quick dop by before I go and face the music at Slimming World, I am ashamed of the amount of chocolate and rubbish I've poked down me throat inthe last three weeks!
            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

mollyka;1575130 wrote: Certainly puts Zens and my car woe's into perspective!
              God... I only saw the other car posts when I looked at the previous posts. I wasn't deliberately trying to upstage you :H
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good luck at SW, Spidey. Drive safely
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tipps, glad to hear that you're ok. Won't say anything nasty about the truck driver, but am certainly thinking it. Pizza is like chicken soup - makes everything better - so order an XL just for you.
                  14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1575139 wrote: Tipps, glad to hear that you're ok. Won't say anything nasty about the truck driver, but am certainly thinking it. Pizza is like chicken soup - makes everything better - so order an XL just for you.
                    Thanks DTD. The guy is a learner driver... Just glad the truck was empty - one of those that carry bricks.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yowzers, Tip! Glad you're 'ok'... you should still get yourself checked out, though! :l
                      Whew. I second the double pizza and desserts. Best to Mrs. Tips, too
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Holy shit Tipps! :l:l:l

Fuck my bumper after hearing this.

You might be worse than sore Tipps... and you really should go and get a once over to make sure there are no hidden injuries. Also, like they said, delayed shock. I wrote a car off once (sober I hasten to add!) and had injuries I didn't feel immediately afterwards.

Just make sure you're OK... all right? X

Comment

mollyka;1575130 wrote: Certainly puts Zens and my car woe's into perspective!
                          No shit!

tiptronic_ct;1575142 wrote:
                          The guy is a learner driver... Just glad the truck was empty - one of those that carry bricks.
                          Gawd... it doesn't bear thinking about... :upset:

How did the truck fare?

Comment

Hiya, ZennieButt.

The damage to the truck amounted to very little - a few scratches on the side and a broken headlamp and dented bumper when it hit the second time.

Mrs. T has ordered me to see the doc tomorrow, so I'll follow orders.

How's the refurbishment going?
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

What day is being celebrated in Ireland, by the way?
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1575151 wrote: Hiya, ZennieButt.

The damage to the truck amounted to very little - a few scratches on the side and a broken headlamp and dented bumper when it hit the second time.

Mrs. T has ordered me to see the doc tomorrow, so I'll follow orders.

How's the refurbishment going?
                                Well, you're sounding OK and that's a good thing but it is defo better to be safe than sorry... :l I'm glad Mrs T wasn't in the car with you.

I'll post pix of the refurbishment in a few... to bore the arse off everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X