Back to the hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the hospital

Well I had to go back to the hospital emergency room but my friends at work are going to help does anyone here have experience with AA? The doctors are great I told him how I felt and he said there was no reason to be ashamed
    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Back to the hospital

Take care

Hi Kitkatsue,

I don't know the history behind this, but sounds like you have a lot of support and a wise doctor - absolutely no need to be ashamed - we're all here for the same reason - we want to get well, just like any other sickness...

Can't help with the AA but I'm sure many coming later will be able to share their experiences. From what I've read there seems to be a mixed reaction, but I suggest that everything's worth a try!

Take care of yourself, Kitkat - big :l as you work out your way forward!
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

Back to the hospital

Hi Kitkatsue, I don't have a great deal of experience with AA but my times there I found it to be a little negative personally, however it has done wonders for so many people. If you haven't given it a go you should.

Good Luck

Raoul

Comment

Back to the hospital

I found AA very helpful, but I was too scared of anyone seeing me going to meetings
        etc. as live in a small town. I also found the meetings very repetitive, some one
        would share their story time and time again. And there is no room for moderation
        they view alcoholism as a disease (not sure about this concept),but it has helped
        millions of people worldwide so it has to be worth a try. I would very much doubt
        that they would agree with meds such as topa. I did meet some wonderful people
        there.
        Whatever you decide good luck.xx

Comment

Back to the hospital

Hi,
          Ive been to AA but it made me want to drink. Theres a group called Women for Sobriety that has meetings in some areas (not mine unfortunatly) but you can find them on the web.They have an online thing like this one also.Good luck.Bird

Comment

Back to the hospital

Kit Kat , I went to 1 AA with a friend years ago. I wasn't drinking then. Personally I didn't like it. It was as someone said some one telling their stoy repeadtly. I must have heard this 1 woman's account 15 times. It was also very smoky. It seemed like I was there for hours Anywhere you can get help is good. Were I live there is a mental health facility based upon income. Do you have anything like that around? Hang in there baby!
            I care
            Mary

Comment

Back to the hospital

Thank you I owe much to MWO has helped me or i wouldn't keep trying. I can' afford the book right now BILLS and my freaked out car set me back $1400.00 and as I have been drinking straight through my vacation I accomplished very little. But maybe thats what vacation is for.

It was my day off yesterday but my friends at work asked me to bring down two kittens I have so the could see them. Well I was comfortably numb And they could tell. Now they want me to get help and they are right. But I'm afraid, not of giving drinking but of failing

I'm sorry to unload like this

Comment

Back to the hospital

KK, it is the scariest thing I have ever done. The first few days are the hardest...yo are sick and shakey....get through those to thinking straight and you will be ok. You will be able to think, really think!!!! You can do this!!!! Are you taking the supps, TOPA?

Comment

Back to the hospital

Kitkat,

Hugs coming from this side of the planet! Keep trying babe! Don't know what it was with this week, but mine was sort of jinxed, too!

Frankly, while I heard a lot of negativity about AA too, I believe it's all about the people who attend and the ones who guide it. So why not try it? It might just work? It's all about combining methods. I frankly don't believe in ONE single method.

If you put MWO, AA, and a revamp of your life, and possibly a pinch of spirituality into the shaker - who knows? That might just be the recipe?

:groupluv:
                  Paddy
                  Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Back to the hospital

Kit, I went to AA meetings every day for 6 weeks... it was really good... and I would nevr rule anything out with this illness, but maybe give MWO a try first. AA is hard nail sort of stuff which is definitely appropriate for some people but definitely not for all.

I think most of the members here are here because they *choose* to do something for themselves which is a big difference from someone who is forced to do the AA thing.

Nobody will be able to give you the answer but you will know in your heart and gut what is right for your situation.

Doo
                    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Back to the hospital

Kit, I wish you all the best. Sounds like you think you need the help too. I have never been AA so I can't offer any good advice there.
                      Take Care
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Back to the hospital

Kitkat, thank you for getting yourself proper help! that's a very good thing.
                        try everything! as Paddy said. I've been doing the shotgun approach including but not limited to:

Campral
                        Citalopram (anti depressant)
                        a Very serious supplement/vitamin/mineral/amino program
                        exercise
                        outpatient group therapy once a week (whish it was twice but at least it's free)
                        AA meetings. (only been to 4 and while it wasn't so great for me....I may even go back and try it again.
                        Hypno CD's from MWO
                        and of course tons of posting and reading on MWO!!

ask around and see if there is an outpatient group therapy in your town that's free or at least covered by your insurance if not free. They are not AA meetings but have some of the same group feeling that is comforting and helpful.

Be well Kitkat!!!!! keep us posted as you got on your path.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Back to the hospital

Kitkat
                          I would agree with scooby - I went to AA for several weeks and it is fairly serious stuff which works for some people - you surround yourself in the AA environment - people, meetings, talks, 12 steps it works for some but not for me - I have young children and and a completely non understanding husband.

The support network of AA is great - just to have people who understand you - from all walks of life - and you can say exactly how you feel to real people - thats a real benefit.

Kitkat - we are all trying to find what works for us - don't dismiss anything until you've tried it - it might just be the thing you have been missing!!

I'm slowly progressing through the quagmire.

Love S

Comment

Back to the hospital

Not to be wierd but I think i messed how i use this

Comment

Back to the hospital

Hi Kitkat,

I am glad that you are continuing to try to deal with this. That is the sign of a strong person - you have done AF before, so I know you can do it again. Do try to get all the support you can. Glad your friends at work know, too.

Sending you a big hug,
                              Pansy

Comment

Working...
                              X