Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas or advice?

hi guys,

going to see a health worker on wednesday, who says she'll consider giving me campral.

She will obviously want my life history, which i plan on telling the truth.

What worrys me is that i might say something that will cause her not to prescribe, or more importantly that i might not tell her something that will also cause her not to prescribe.

ive waited for this appointment for a month now and ive got 3 days to get my self together,

Any ideas,or advice?

Love the support and friendships on this site,

Take care everyone.

Any ideas or advice?

Bright, all that I can say is to be honest ....... I really do hope that you get what you want though.....

Love & hugs, Betts :h :l :h :l
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Any ideas or advice?

Bright, even if she does not prescribe campral, she will most certainly prescribe something.

I think you have to be AF for at least three days before taking campral.

Congratulations on getting the help you deserve.

:huggy
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Any ideas or advice?

Hi,

Sounds like your doctor is open to prescribing Campral already which is a great thing. Just be honest about your situation and how you really need to make this change. Wishing you the best. Let us know how it goes.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Any ideas or advice?

Honesty, tell them what you want and why. If they feel differently make them explain why to you. I find a well informed patient usually get what they want. Be firm but always nice
          smiles
          Mar

Comment

Any ideas or advice?

Be very firm and say that you want to quit drinking and you've tried everything and feel that Campral will help you. Tell them you belong to an on-line support group where there are people who take Campral & it's helping them. Good luck & let us know how it goes.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Any ideas or advice?

Agree with Simey, only because I am now well informed.... if they think you know what you are talking about you will be taken more seriously... I first found this out at my local VET, the VET mentiomed the dreaded OMA at the end of a word on my Dog's diagnosis ( hate using the word DOG to describe my Pal of 15 years) but was having NO SHIT, scary that when I was quite prepared to just listen to any SHT regarding myself... anyway VET all of a sudden explained everything to me... that my 'wee boy' was not ever going to get any better etc........

Can't speak about it any longer. My whole point is to question question and then question again....

L xx
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Any ideas or advice?

thanks for the advice, guys,

I'll let yous know what happens on wednesday.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X