Next Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Saturday

I've been obssessing about next Sat. We've been invited to a birthday celebration at a very upscale restaurant. There will be an open bar all night. That could be pretty difficult for me, as i wanted to put 30 AF days together. However, I have visions of Margaritas & Cosmopolitans & fine wine dancing in my head.
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Next Saturday

Hi, I find that I'm better at saying no now when out at a social event, it's the time I spend alone that worries me.

I wish you all the best for making it to 30 days, and another 30 after that and after that. I'm on day 2 again, and have a new determination to make 30 days again, I've done it before, and will do it again!!

And remembering how good you will feel the morning after abstaining is also a powerful incentive, go for it!!

Best wishes x Jasmin
    :thanks: :h

Comment

Next Saturday

If its an upmarket restaurant then I guess there will be good food too. Try and concentrate on all the yummy things you will be able to eat, and taste, and remember! They might do great AF drinks too if you ask.
      Good luck
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Next Saturday

Hi, You can do this!!!! Could you offer to drive?? For me that takes away any temptation ...

Good Luck xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Next Saturday

make a plan and work your plan...

Have virgin Margaritas or tonic_Soda water and Lime...
          Control the Mind

Comment

Next Saturday

maybe you can try to remember that an upscale place is the LAST place you want to be overdrinking at and getting sloppy.

i would have a good excuse ready. once you have this under your belt, you can deal with other situations.

one thing i learned from some books I read....

drinking is often about wanting to get high (granted people get high to varying degrees), despite the excuses we use about how good the booze tastes. think about what you tell your children about getting high. do you really need to get high to enjoy this? if so, what does that say about how you view life? i am starting to look at it this way.

Alcohol is a legalized drug that a lot of people cant handle. as I remember you have kids. what if they told you that all the other kids were smoking pot. what would you tell them? they don't have to do it as well. in our society, alcohol symbolizes enjoyment. unfortunatley, for a lot of people on these boards, it isnt very much fun at all.

Comment

Next Saturday

reteach, is this the same event that you have being worrying about the past week or so? If it is I think you may be over thinking it. Darling no one know temptation and given way to it as much as me. But You know what I'm getting better and so are you! take your supplements with you feel like you want a drink order a club soda and take some Kudzu. Do you have to stay the entire evening or would an hour apperance suffice?. Keep us up to date on the plan
              luv
              Mar

Comment

Next Saturday

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'll be back.
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Next Saturday

Hi Retteacher - just to wish you best of luck as I can't add anything that's not already been said. Be strong, be resolute and actually believe you can enjoy this without the alcohol! Think of how much further forward you'll be once you get through this challenge!
                  Take care,
                  :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                  Goals:
                  Days 1-7 DONE
                  Days 8-14 DONE
                  Days 15-21 DONE
                  30 days DONE
                  60 days
                  100 days

Comment

Next Saturday

I really think I can do this. I had dinner w/family last Sunday, & my brother-in-law (a recovering alcoholic) made a really nice cranberry spritzer w/lime. I'm hoping to have that on Sat. when everyone else is drinking their scotches etc.
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X