Passing away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing away

My Grandfather has passed on; the next day he was doing really well. He was playing cards, had a nice meal and then the very next day he left us all. Luckily because of the morphine he was on he felt no pain. I lost all my grandparents, save my grandmother on my fathers side. The best woman I knew in this world, my Nana on my mothers side passed away almost three years ago now. She was everything to me; there are so many memories I have her which make me smile, but talking about her still causes me to cry as I miss her so much. The pain is still fresh. It upsets me so much that she all she wanted was to see a grandchild from me, when I got pregnant she was so excited. I called her everyday from Asia. She died when I was 6 months pregnant and never got to see my baby girl, and I was not there for her when she passed away. I cried so much, and cried again for her this weekend. More so for her than my grandfather as I was much closer to her; it just brought it all back to me. It's been a hard weekend for me.

It got me thinking about everything. There are moments in your life that set the course on who you're going to be; sometimes they're big moments, sometimes they're not. No one expects the big moments when they happen, not really. Even when you see them coming. So, are we helpless? Do we not have any control over our lives, we do. The big moments are going to come, whether we are ready or not. It's what we do afterwards that determines who we are. Sometimes no amount of time will heal all wounds, but getting up everyday determined to make this day better then the one before; that is golden. That is what makes us great.

:l to everyone.
    xoxoxox

Passing away

I am so sorry I lost both my grandparent and my dads mom and now Ive' lost my dad in the last couple of years it hurts but you already knew that.

I hate to ask for those of you who will respond now what, I know keep going. Who is next?

I am sorry to be a brat just really depressed

GG I am again so sorry please don't take my post the wrong way
    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Passing away

I mean who will leave us alone??
      AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
      Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Passing away

I only have my mum left and she is 82 so not many shopping days till xmas so to speak. I am so very sorry for your loss nothing takes the pain away onlt ime dulls it a little but we take with us the great things the left with us and hopefully we can pass those things on my thoughts are with you all - kim
        Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Passing away

Hi GG

My thoughts are with you... warm little hugs of understanding.... I try and keep all the wonderful memories with me... it kinda helps...

Wattle
          Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

Passing away

GG, I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I think of my grandparents, who passed away sometime now, on a daily basis. I am pleased though that I was blessed to be close to such wonderful people.
            Your post reveals your fortitude, your profound wisdom, but above all your humanity.
            Thank God there are people like you in the world to inspire others.

Love and respect,

Raoul x

Comment

Passing away

GG,
              I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather.
              Be sad now for a while, then remember the good times and be pleased to have had them for so long.
              Love
              Suz
              Suz
              Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Passing away

GG, I am sorry to hear about your grandfather... I remember when I lost mine, many years ago, I was devasted as he was more like a friend to me, but I can still keep him alive in my memory and remember all the goodtimes... that is something you will do too...

Louise xx
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Passing away

Oh GG>.. I'm sorry to hear this news.

Be kind to yourself and give that baby girl of yours a big hug.

Doo
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Passing away

gg i am so sorry for your loss.
                    eventually the raw pain will go and you will remember the good times and you will tell your baby girl about all those people that would have loved her but she will never know.
                    i have no parents or grandparents left and it is very sad. my mum died when i was 6 months pregnant with my youngest it was dreadful but i tell him often how nanny would have been proud of him. just get through the pain for know cry as much as you need to and one day it will feel easier never forgotten but bittersweet.
                    hugs

Comment

Passing away

GG

I am so sorry to hear your news.

Only time will begin to ease the hurt - but it WILL pass.

You are in my thoughts :l

Satori

xxx
                      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Passing away

GG sorry that you lost your grandfather and then had all the emotions resurface from when you lost your grandmother.
                        What you wrote is very powerful and I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yes, today will be a better day and you will be stronger for it.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Passing away

GG

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your grandad.

Its times like this when I think of all those who have gone and how I could have spent more time with them or regret the things I have said. But time is the only thing that will heal how you are feeling. Death is one of those things we cannot get away from. We can control many other aspects in our lifes, we can try to live healthier lives but never defeat death. Try to focus on the good times you had.

My thoughts are with you.

Love Mandy x

Comment

Passing away

I only met my grandparents once (my parents are immigrants from Europe) but I feel for you. Any loss close to the heart hurts. May you find peace.
                            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Passing away

I am sorry GG.....
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X