Feeling Gloomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Gloomy

I should be feeling pleased with myself, I'm hardly drinking and have now gone a week tea free which was harder than stopping drinking as I felt really unwell for two days and had killer headaches for a week. But now I feel miserable, the sun is out and I've lots to do in the garden, things I want to do but I just feel stuck I can't get myself motivated to move. Its really frustrating, I could do with kicking myself up the backside but just seem flat and apathetic. I guess it feels worse as I think I should feel better but don't.
    Thanks for the chance to rant
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Feeling Gloomy

Hi, I know how that feels, so here I am kicking you up the bum !!!!

I find that by making the effort the energy follows later ...

Well done on your cutting down,
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

hi, i agree with Betty, when i went on the 30 AF stint, the first few days i was soooo un-motivated and appathetic. I could not be bothered to do anything. If you pysically (i'm sorry i cant spell!) do something, the energy will come. Keep at it. Bella xx

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

Suz, I'm right there with you baby! tons of things to do NO motivation to do any of it. Somedays just suck. and that's all there is to it!
        Smiles
        Mary

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

Also another thing to think of is chanting "I'll fake it 'til I make it". Sometimes that alone works.
          Hablur

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

Today I have sooo much on my plate but no "light under my butt". Give it time.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

SeaBreez,
              Love the "light under my butt" thought -- that perked me right up! And I had forced myself to exercise this Monday morning. Not really working -- just cruising the boards.
              Thinking about getting my nails done -- guess I know how you feel today goingsobermum. Let's hope Tuesday has more light.
              Mama T.
              Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

Why tea free to? Maybe the tea had alot of caffiene and now your body is feeling those affects. Just a thought.

Sammys

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

Thanks for all the kind comments, the kick up the butt helped and I got some mowing done. Its nice to feel supported and not alone, hopefully there will be more light tomorrow.
                  I gave up the tea because I was drinking pots and pots of it, far more caffeine than is good for me and once started in the morning couldn't stop. I think I used it for energy buzzes and at the same time got withdrawal symtoms and moody which was calmed by a cuppa. I realised yesterday that for a few days I have actually been calmer and haven't shouted at the kids which makes life nicer for us all! I don't really miss it too much but guess my body is taking time to adjust.
                  Thanks all
                  Suz

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

For me if I was gloomy and the sun was out I would just go sit in it.

And who cares if I melted.
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

Suz,I'm giving up coffee for the same reasons your giving up tea. i'm only 3 days coffee free. I need it for the kick. But to much my heart races. Not good. double edge sword.
                      Smiles
                      Mary

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

Well done on 3 days without the coffee, how have you been feeling? Not too foul I hope.
                        Suz

Comment

Feeling Gloomy

Suz, LAZY LAZY and LAZY, I just can't get that kick I need. I almost stopped for an iced coffee yesterday it was so hot. I'm not irritable or anything just not extremly motivated. Not good right now I have several projects on the shelf. But I do love do work under pressure. Odd, a problem drinker who likes to work under pressure and deadline.
                          Go FIgure!
                          Smiles
                          Mary

Comment

Working...
                          X