My Farewell Address to MWO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to all the great posters who have been such great support to me. After much thought and deep reflection. I will no longer be posting in this community. After deep thought I realize I need actual in-person contact with others in recovery if i going to remain sober. The idea of the MWO Skype Group was a good idea. I hope someone else will pick up that banner and run with it. I want to thank everyone for there support and caring when I have been down. I have enjoyed getting to know many of you on here. It may seem odd why I am leaving but I am understanding myself more each day. I am hands on person who needs that element of actual real life contact with others in sobriety. My personality and message boards don't mesh well as I can become easily upset by over thinking what one person may write. This is just my character and not a reflection on people here. There are many people here I love and adore with all my heart. I am going to leave my favorite person for last.

Krade.....Thank you so much! You are brilliant and very intelligent. You have a fantastic sense of humor and I will always cherish our talks. Love you always!

Byrdie...You are the backbone of this community and I can tell you get frustrated at times but your such a wonderful woman and you have always encouraged me. Thank you hun!

Mamabear....Your heart is soo kind. I wish I could have gotten to know you more at times. You seem like such a smart and intelligent woman. I will always love you! Your success in life is something you should always be proud of and I admire that.

NoraC....Aww...I will miss you sweetie! You are so level headed and calm. I will always love your passion. You seem to me like one of the coolest people in the world.

Lavande and the list goes on.....I will miss everyone of you! And I love you all dearly.

So to my favorite poster and one my best friends. K9. It's hard for me to type this because there is some tears flowing out of my eyes. You have been my best friend. And I love you so much! We have been threw a lot together. And your sense of humor makes my insides smile and my heart feel so good. We have been down we pick each other back up. I always wondered if you truly could have a friend for life. I do. It's you. I know me and you will keep in touch. I just want to tell you how proud I am of you. And how proud I am to call you a friend. You know the real me and that gives me great comfort. I know I have a long road to maintain sobriety and recovery. But I know you will be there for me. And I will be there for you. My life changed the day I met you. See your caring got to me. And know all of these wonderful things in life that were gone 2 years ago are now back again. I will keep fighting the demon K9. You put the seed in me. And now despite set backs at times the tree is growing. I love you dearly.

For everyone else. I say goodbye with love to all! And I wish everyone a safe and happy journey in recovery! This fight is worth it! I know in my heart the times I have been sober have been my happiest. Keep fighting the good fight MWO! I will always cherish the times with you!

Love you all forever,
    FinallyDone aka Christian Thorson

if anyone of you want to keep in touch with me email me at clthorson75@gmail.com

Peace!
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Wow. I don't even know what to say. You are definitely a special person to me. We will always be in touch. I will do whatever it takes to help you, as I know you will do for me. I will have to continue this later when these allergies clear up and my eyes stop watering...oh damnit...we all know I'm crying like a baby and not cuz of allergies. Love you FD :h
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

You will be missed here but I am so happy for you deciding what is going to work best for you and going out and doing it! That is a HUGE step on the road to recovery. You take care of yourself. If you need us, you know where we are.
      Lots of love......:h:h:h
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Take care Christian and come back if you ever feel the need xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I am going to miss you. When I am feeling low and weak, I think of your great courage of facing life the way you have and your honest posting has touched my heart. It has helped me tremendously. Thank you for that.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

There are many people here who attend live meetings supplemented by posting here. Helping others is part of the recovery process. You have helped others here, and that door will always be open, at least as long as this site is up and running.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Best of Luck to you dear friend...stop by every now and then....hugs!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Sorry to see u go but you have to do what is right for you.
                Enjoyed talking to you in Skype.
                Take care of yourself!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Sorry to see you go...but very happy for you. Wishing you all the best!!!

Comment

FD
                    sorry to see you go, you're always welcomed, never say never! Take care of yourself!
                    Sam
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

My sweet, FD- this journey is often so terribly hard and ferocious and ounave alway aced it with great courage and insight. I know that you will come back stronger than ever. I truly believe that. This is just a big bump. :l

I'll miss you though while your gone, healing and being happy. :h

PS- did you see FB Today? Holy Cow. :wow: ...and know I wasnt in it. Too chicken!
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                      X