Dumped it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumped it

Okay - I just dumped out the rest of my scotch. Don't be that impressed - it was only enough for one more drink. There's beer in the house, but beer tastes like crap to me on topa. So, today is day one.

I know that I need to get through 10 days to get the booze out of my system and get rid of this physical depression. It's not going to go away until my system is all cleaned out.

Last time, I made it 72 days. All in all, the last few weeks of moderation haven't been too bad but I'm tired of these sad, lonely, unproductive days. I didn't feel this way when I wasn't drinking, so I am going to give it another shot. I'm much stronger and happier than this.

So here I go - wish me luck.

Dumped it

Good luck Barb. Stick with it and keep checking in here. It's hard... positive thoughts coming your way from downunder.

Doo x
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Dumped it

Yes Barb, more positive thoughts and big hugs from me... 72 days AF, what an achievement... Good luck on giving it another go...

Love, Louise xx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Dumped it

Wishing you well Barb. It is baffling isn't it why when we feel so good not drinking we con ourselves into thinking we want to drink? 72 days is amazing. You will do it again......
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Dumped it

Good for you Barb. 72 days is great. Let's start over. You can do it. You did it before. I think When you said " I didn't feel this way when I wasn't drinking" speaks volumes. Try to remember you said that when it gets a little tough. We're here for you...

Comment

Dumped it

My first stint was 45 days and every day was a struggle. My second ended with a long weekend trip. I wasn't even really looking forward to getting started again.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Comment

Dumped it

Just like your avitar... 'We Can Doo it'

xo
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Dumped it

Scooby - thanks for the chuckle!

Comment

Dumped it

You are amazing! I need some of your will power right now!

Comment

Dumped it

I'll need some of it about 8:00 tonight - thanks GG!

Just keep telling yourself it is worth it - it is worth it - it is worth it. What will it solve to have a drink? Absolutely nothing! What are the rewards for not having a drink?

A good night sleep
                    I'll get up in the morning want to work out
                    I'll be proud of myself
                    In ten days, my body will be clean and it will be behind me.
                    Think of all the money I'll save!

It helps to be cheap.

Comment

Dumped it

wow 72 days i bow to you !!
                      i still have scotch in the cupboard it's a litre bottle unopened i could not have started this without knowing it is there does that sound daft?

Comment

Dumped it

I do drink scotch and soda - my soda comes in metal cans. Somehow, I manage to choke that down.

I'll be joining the 30 day thread soon.

Comment

Dumped it

You can do this and IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!! I have bought so many pretty flowers....I will have a beautiful rock garden filled with different kinds of lillies by the end of summer...

Comment

Dumped it

Barb I have never made it to 72 days, I have not even made it to 10 in a row!

I have 15 out of 18 days right now- that's the way I am looking at it, way better than ever before. If I said I was at day one again it would just crush me.

Just jump back on, you obviously can do it. :h
                            Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Dumped it

Wishing you the very best of Luck...You can do it...
                              Control the Mind

Comment

Working...
                              X