One Step at a Time - November 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mama bear;1589733 wrote: good catch on the Staph misspell Dottie..I type so darn fast and without my glasses.
    Oh for dog's sake put your glasses back on and slow down! That was ME you silly old bugger :H:H:H
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Frequent Traveler;1589771 wrote:
      Oh also we played checkers at least twice a day and I am smiling from ear to ear.
      FT

TOO MUCH INFORMATION

:helpme:
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Welcome back FT! Sounds like a great time. That's a whole lot of checkers going on.

Mama and Pauly I went grocery shopping today too. Kids came along and we divided and conquered! Out in record time eve with the crowds! We then all went to see "the hunger games". A pretty good way to end an otherwise not great weekend.

Posts here today were amusing to say the least. Good night and sweet dreams.

Comment

Back home in California. :upset: Great to see hubby & son but so very hard to leave my Mom.

Hugs & good thoughts to everyone. Not much to say tonight.......will catch you all tomorrow.

FT - I don't remember the last time I played checkers much less twice a day. Really glad that you had fun.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora- sorry I didn't get back to you. Thinking about you a lot and how hard that must have been...is... :l

Our Parents or our children...the great circle of...our love and our life...:h

Safe and sound here tonight. Made an early thanksgiving meal for the family as we are heading to the Great wolf Lodge this thanksgiving...sleepy.....sleepy...too much turkey but...
            No drinking.....:h
            sleep well everyone :l
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Morning Loves
              Glass...I should have known that was YOU!!
              Welcome Home Ft....sounds like it's getting serious!!
              Nora....I know you are sad.
              Everyone sounds good. I have to work three days and then I am off four. I want to get through the holiday without drinking.....
              Coffee, shower and bye...
              ps...thanks for the juicing link...I will look that up at work
              I could stand to lose 10 lbs and detox my system.....
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey everybody,mondayitis has set in! just gotta think positve i only work 3 days then get 2 off,however i need to make rent money,buy the rest of my tx-giving(thanks ft)junk,plus enough to have some dough to buy a tree etc,aww nora i know when i leave my mom i cry for forever when i get home hugs to you,pretty good weekend aside from my horrible attitude on saturday,one of those days when you think a drink would make you feel better hah!!! yeah freakin right somethings changed in me you guys i cannot get enough when i drink,it doesnt help anymore,i cant drink like you do mama with only a glass or two,its the whole enchilada,so i put that thought right outta my mind,went to bed early and yesterday was a whole nother story,wasnt grouchy at all a good dayhope everyone has a great mondayi still havent seen gettin
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Its a Monday! Internet is down. Hate that. I'm crippled without it. Hopefully it's back up soon. It's freezing here. Some of the gas is even frozen. Had a main water line bust so a bunch of schools are closed.
                  Pauly I can't moderate either. I've tried and always end up drunk and miserable.
                  Hope you get the dispatch job. K9!!!
                  Hugs Nora!!! I know you wil miss your mom.
                  It's getting hot and heavy FT.
                  AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I went AWOL over the weekend. I got hooked on "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix and also Scandal. I've been laying in bed watching my iPad for WAY too long...but oh well, it was fun! Plus I read a couple of books too...talk about being lazy.

WHN is at her dads until next Sunday. I am supposed to meet with her therapist at 3pm today to see what he thinks of her situation. Is it bad that I really don't want to go? I just want ONE week of not thinking about this...

I am meeting with the Police Chief on Tues Dec 2nd to discuss job openings in his department. I don't know what I hope to accomplish exactly, all I know is that I want to go over there so bad and I don't what else I can do. I will leave my HBIC hat off when I speak to him. LOL

Hope everyone is doing okay....I need to read back and catch up :l 3 days of work, then 4 days off....Netflix and bed...here I come! LOL
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

COLD here but thankfully I only have to drive to the post office in my warm car...dont plan to go out today at all..maybe tomorrow to meet a friend for lunch. I look out the patio door and all the trees are bare and it looks cold.....bbbbrrrrrr
                      But I feel better and dh is feeling better so it is all good.
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

K9 I feel for you. Dealing with mental illness is so hard. My sister is bi-polar and severely manic depressive and growing up with her was pure hell. She won't stay on her meds. She's up and down and all around so much. It starts to effect everyone around her.
                        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Hi loves
                          alone at work and super busy
                          K9...I completely understand. When Clay was putting us through hell, I got so tired of dealing with it.
                          I can't moderate either....for long.
                          I LOVED Orange is the New Black and Scandal.....I have spent many a day lounging with my face buried in Netflix.....
                          yes Gettin...metal illness is tough
                          Glad ya'll are feeling better Dottie

Comment

Good luck with the Police Chief Niner.....flirt a little!

Comment

You tryin' to get me arrested Mama? LOL

I postponed my meeting with WHN's therapist. I just want a few days with no drama. I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad, but I don't want to have to leave work early, etc, etc. Maybe at her next appt. I will go in for the first 15 minutes.

What else should I watch on Netflix Mama? I only have one more episode of Orange, are they making Season 2? It's funny how UNREALISTIC their version of prison is, but ok...it's entertaining.

I cannot wait for 4 days off....I can do NOTHING! It should be boring, and I am looking forward to it.

FT - Jeez...checkers twice a day? I don't even remember how to play.
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I understand needing a break
                                Good Horror - The Awakening
                                I have watched all the Masterpiece Theatre Series...PBS
                                ...very hoity toity
                                I am currently watching Battlestar Gallactica...the newer version from 2007 (?)
                                The Top of The Lake - great series
                                and The Killing...awesome, creepy who done it
                                Love Actually - great movie - very sweet
                                and yes, if it gets you the job, get arrested.....JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X