Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

One Step at a Time - November 2013

Hello everyone!!

Allswell - great to see you!!

Tony - so happy to see you around here lately. :h

I am feeling SO much better. :jumpin: Went to the gym this morning and had a great workout. Even contemplating going back to do cardio this evening. Haven't quite worked up to that yet though. :H

Right now I'm just chilling.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Hey - does the time move back tonight?
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yep time falls back 1 hour tonight..boohiss...
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Nora....I guess I just didn't know what direction to go.....Ha! Will post here....Thanks Tony
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Tony - so glad you found your way. :H:H:H:H
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just wanted to check in for November. Got back from Florida and am just trying to catch up with everything. Bring you all up to speed soon.

Comment

Anxious to hear how it went Liz! Welcome home. :l:l
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning peeps,
                  Well I hate to admit it but after 10 months of doing well 2 days ago I fell, with all the stress with the job it got the best of me and I drank a few beers and they became a 12 pack. Spent the last 2 days recovering as it knocked me on my butt and I do remember now how I don't want to feel. Also decided that I would never allow circumstances like this to drive me to that again, I will work on changing my direction ASAP and if they close so be it but I am now actively looking for other employment. This crap of know knowing will not get the best of me again. So here I am day 2 AF and will be NF by end of this month as I know I can do this as I have before.
                  Thanks for all of you being there for me but wheels are back on the wagon.
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

FT, sorry to hear you fell. Stress will get us every time. We convince ourselves we have been sober a long time so 1-2 wont hurt but before ya know it...12 pkg in just like you said. Glad you dusted off and are starting again. :hugs:

Glad you are home Liz...

Hope everyone had a good Saturday. Mine was nice and quiet.
                    AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Sorry FT I know too well how stress can send us down that rabbit hole again..You know how its done so get back on the right track and keep it going..you can do it!!

Off to yoga studio for a workshop. Going to put pinto bean chili in the crock pot...doing pretty well with this vegetarian eating. DH is even eating it but I do need to exercise if I want to get anywhere on the darn scale....one would think that 2 months without AL and I would be skinny...NOT, darn..
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I have eaten everything in sight for 3 days now. I am dieting starting tomorrow. Gotta get away from the table. I already had a big Sunday dinner planned, so I will go ahead and eat for today.
                        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

FT - huge congrats for getting straight back on the wagon, and for checking in here. :goodjob:

Re: vego eating. I've been a vegetarian for 37 years and my diet is now about 99% vegan. Never felt better! :strawberry:
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Words of wisdom (from an idiot....Ha!) Farewell Glass Half Empty. Tony
                            "My glass is neither half full nor half empty...it's just two times too big" Ha!
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

The lovely Kradle

Our friend, Kradle just texted me and asked me to let you know that she is alive, kicking and out of power for the past two days because of a severe wind storm. Her heart is with us but she can't get online for the moment.

Just letting you know. :l
                              "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                              Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi All,

FT, stress will do it for us all. The most important thing is to get back on track and not make it a binge.

Tony, Bengals and Ravens next weekend - predictions? There are at least two people from Cincinnati on this thread. Good to see you posting!

I'm running for public office and the election is two days away. Starting to feel like I didn't do enough when I know I did more than enough (hopefully). Will keep you posted with good news on Tuesday (hopefully).
                                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X