Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - November 2013

Dottie!! Way to go :goodjob::goodjob:

...and Getting...so well put: gorgeous and empty handed!! Notice I didn't say empty headed. :H

Glas...OMG...today's the day...please take notes so I know what to expect in the years ahead! :l congratulations sorry you were sick during the run up.
    Havent read back too fat...
    K9...your thechardestvworking woman in the PD!!

Love to all,
    :h
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Glass - I can't wait to hear all the details. I hope that you post some pics. I'm so excited for you. I sure hope that you felt better today. :l

I laughed out loud at the Liquor in the front poker in the back. :H

K9 - hope that WHN has fun tonight. Did you crash the party?

Mama - Can't wait to hear how it went tonight. Sounds like such a great time.

Dottie - glad that you're gorgeous! Wish I had done that.

Pauly - How you doing now?

Liz - I put in overtime today too. Looks like we were the only ones working. Ha, ha

Tony - I agree...my late night partying days are long gone.

Gettin - That's really great that your company is paying for the courses. Do you work from home? How hard is it to get into that field? Sounds like a good job.

Kradle - how are you? Did you get the reservations made yet? Are things settled down at home now?

Strong - How you doing? What brand of non-alochol wine do you drink?

Well - I'm all packed for my trip. Heading to the airport at 7:30 am. Should be at Mom's house by 1:30 tomorrow. Can't wait!! Have spent the last 2 days fighting with a computer. Lost a huge amount of data. I worked over 10 hours today but I am now on vacation. Not going to worry about it all until I get home in 2 weeks.

Love & hugs to everyone. :h
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning,
        You are all crazy and I LOVE IT.
        I love it how you have explained certain words and now I understand. Poker (poke her) liquor ( lick her) I always thought these were ole fashioned terms and now I understand but?
        Checkers ? Is lost on me... Or is it ( check hers) and if so check hers what... Just being slow and trying to understand what is expected of me on the cruise?... :-)
        FT
        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I like that FT.....Checkers (Check Hers).......I believe that's what a guy usually does when a lady enters the room ! Ha! ( I love Betty Boop....Ha!)
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey everybody,nora im doing o.k thank you for asking,last nite i was watching fashion police and they showed pamela andersons new haircut,i think k9 inspired her,very short but she looks brill! everything has to change i guess,well off to work bleh,i hope its busy but i hope its not,make any sense?luv ya guys have a good onep.s,im slow i didnt get that "liquor"thing til it was spelled out duh!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lol Pauly, your so cute! I get the slow busy thing.

Nora have a wonderful time! Two weeks....enjoy.

FT...just have a great time on that cruise! You made me laugh with your post. No pressure, just enjoy.

Tons of laundry to do today, make up trial this morning for my daughters wedding in May and tricky tray tonight. Enjoy your Saturday!

Comment

Nora - there's more than one???? It's a brand called "Fre" (clever, right????). The chardonnay is rather sweet - never liked it anyway. The red is . . . well "red" - named after the grape, of course. They have a sparkling brut and a white zinfandel - but never really cared for either. I think I'm getting hooked so I'm going to abstain.
                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Hey friends
                  It's 1am, and I'm home from the wedding but so tired that I can only repeat what I said in the Undies thread:

"Can't stay long cos it's late and I'm zorsted, but seeing as you were all so kind as to think of me i had to pop in and let you know I'm home safe and it was all fabulous. The happy couple are now safely wed and they were ecstatic about how their day went so all is well.

We have a follow up picnic brunch tomorrow before they fly back to Sydney and then leave for NY on Tuesday. Will check in and read back later tomorrow.

Thanks for being on my shoulder my friends, I'm pretty sure I heard you whisper in my ear a few times! xxx"

xxx
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass..well Done. I am sorry you were sick just before the wedding. That must have been stressful.
                    FT...thank you for letting us have fun at your expense!!
                    Niner - did you get lucky??
                    Nora, have a wonderful time with your mother and cherish this time ok? I hope you packed your AB.
                    We lost in a heartbreaking 3 point loss. Then the senior boys and all their moms started crying like babies. It's over. We have a divisional playoff next Friday, but Clay doesn't think they will win. He is covered with bruises and played really well.
                    I had a mani and a pedi and went to the grocery.
                    Flopping for a bit before we go to the movies...I think.
                    Love youse all
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey Nora,

Enjoy your two weeks away.

Best!
                      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Nora, have a blast with your mom.

Glass...wow its all said and done and you can rest. I cant wait to see pics.

FT..you gotta figure out the checkers for yourself. Its kinda a learn as ya go thing...:H :H

K9, you didn't fins ya a lil feller and run off did you?

Kradle whens the big day? Youre doing so well. Stay strong.

Tony...I knew youd like Betty.

Pauly, Mama, Alls...hope I remembered everyone...have a great day!!
                        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Evening all,
                          I think I have entered the holiday funk...I do not like this time of year and cant remember a sober one. I have no kids and no siblings so it is just dh and me...he has kids but that is another LONG story..
                          Anyone else get in a funk this time of year??? I am going to need LOTS of support to get through this.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie,i feel the same way you do all the stress off the holidays always gets me down,plus i cant remember a sober one in a long time,its scary cuz i associate drinking with the holidays,lets stay tough!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey all - I am in Oregon with my Mom..

Will read back later. I do have to say that I had the most INTENSE cravings today on the plane. I mean seriously intense. Not good at all. :upset: But, now I'm with my Mom and so very happy.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora... :l I want to skip down to Portland so badly...I understand the cravings completely. I'm so proud of you for staying centered, on course. I feel shipwrecked lately...nothing serious but I can see where it could be. Love you:h

Dottie I've been in that funk since August :H but I've been thinking that I have all of you regardless and that is huge. No one here is alone..ever! :l

Mama It sounds like an exciting game even though they didn't win!

Glass, congrats to you and the happy couple. You did it baby!! Whoo hoo!

Pauly, pamala Andersen is still alive? Must be Tommy Lee who didn't last ! :H

getting, thanks for asking. Yes...I finally got the courage to book the 17th of November...my husband has the really hard job...Matt is convinced he is going on a two weekl retreat with Dad. He's even 'looking forward to it...' they wil have the director there when they arrive as well as the counselor and intake team. I made it very clear that Matt will be a mess...I do feel confident though that they will see him through that day.
                                I ping pong between feeling sick with anxiety to almost relief .
                                Trying to stay my course.
                                Hugs everyone. Safe at home with tacos and The 4400...my new Netflix Calgon moment.
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X